Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT : Are they secretly changing dates of booking?

Options
  • 03-10-2008 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

Booked NCT back in July for the 7th August, but when I checked a couple of days before hand, it had moved from the Wednesday to the Saturday, different time, initially I'd booked for 11.30am, new booking was 845am. I’m not a morning person so no way I'd book that time.
    Had to cancel it, as I was going on holidays on the Friday and wouldn’t be able to get car to the centre.
    So I rebooked, and only available date was in October, so I booked Thursday 9th. I've just checked, and the site is now showing the 8th as my test date. Neither times was I sent an email confirming dates, even though I entered the correct email address.

Is this a scam by NCTS to get more money, by moving dates so that you can't actually turn up?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Bogger77 wrote: »
    Is this a scam by NCTS to get more money, by moving dates so that you can't actually turn up?
    Yes, I expect so .. it's the only logical explanation :rolleyes:

Why not ring them and ask?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭MCMLXXXIII

Ring them and ask.

Next time, get paperwork from them. Print off the confirmation directly after booking online, or have them send you someting. It will be worth the post cost if they make you pay it.

Advertisement