Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting from Dublin to Newry, Co. Down.

Options
  • 03-10-2008 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭

I have a work thing in Newry in a few weeks. I already have looked up train times & I was pleasantly surprised to see it only takes an hour and a quarter to get from Dublin to Newry. I was wondering is The Canal Court Hotel near the train station in Newry and are taxi's easy or hard to get coming from and going to the train station? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

ermm the train station is on the outskirts of the city, take about 30 mins to get to the hotel walking from there i'd imagine, maybe slightly more, taxi's are easy to get in the town, just get some numbers and give them a ring when you arrive, not sure if any park near the station as too be honest ive never been in it before :D, tho i heard they're doing the station up, so should be phones and **** there to get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

Magill wrote: »
    ermm the train station is on the outskirts of the city, take about 30 mins to get to the hotel walking from there i'd imagine, maybe slightly more, taxi's are easy to get in the town, just get some numbers and give them a ring when you arrive, not sure if any park near the station as too be honest ive never been in it before :D, tho i heard they're doing the station up, so should be phones and **** there to get one.

Great, thanks. You wouldn't happen to have any local taxi numbers by any chance? Or do any buses pass by the train station that would go near the Canal Court?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

I think a shuttle bus meets the train in some cases. The bus station is just across the canal from the Hotel, so no problem there.

http://www.translink.co.uk/present/UTS_341_I.asp

Of course you could go directly on the bus, but this would be less comfortable and slower.

hayser wrote: »
    Great, thanks. You wouldn't happen to have any local taxi numbers by any chance? Or do any buses pass by the train station that would go near the Canal Court?

There is a free shuttle bus from the train station after each train to the bus station which is facing the canal court - I know this cos my mother goes on frequent shopping trips from Dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

ahh there ya go :) yeah bus station is right next to the hotel, cant miss it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭hayser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cristina06

i'm thinking of going to Newry by train from Dublin. does anyone know how to get to the Newry town centre from the train station? is there still a shuttle bus and is it free?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

cristina06 wrote: »
    i'm thinking of going to Newry by train from Dublin. does anyone know how to get to the Newry town centre from the train station? is there still a shuttle bus and is it free?
    Not sure where exactly the train station is but you can see the railway line alongside the bypass to the left of the map here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 2-D Man

Best way is the Dublin to Belfast (and vice versa) bus which leaves on the hour, every hour from Bus Aras. It stops in Newry and it's cheaper than the train.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

yeah get the bus its far handier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

regob wrote: »
    yeah get the bus its far handier

Im thinking of heading to Newry but on the Bus Eireaan site i dont know what the destination will be to check the prices?Any body now?Belfast or Newry isnt on the list.

Cheers!

Advertisement