Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

calling all nerdy body mods

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Now you see why we need to gather and stuff them in a room so no-one else is subjected to their folly.;)

Might be on campus next weekend anyway for an intervarsity, so might see you around, if not; have fun!*

*But remember, LARPers should be shot on sight!:p
    I'm all for clinging to childhood innocence and all that but there are limits...

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

Will wrote: »
    curiosity got the better of me

I am not sorry for my next comment... but seriously!!

What a bunch of fágs - 'lightning bolt' 'lightning bolt' 'lightning bolt' 'lightning bolt'
    I can't even look at any other videos... im disgusted and feel like puking. Nerdyness has nothing on these folks... christ on a stick people get laid!

you obv havnt seen the second half of the video!
    it turns into a big cosplay orgy!
    more than lightning bolts flyin around i tell ya

this thing is gonna rake in the geeks!!!
    defo gonna have a few L.O.L.s this weekend!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

bet you will ya durty perve ya :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

When I think of larpers, I think of the time Dara O Briain did a show about them. Was funny :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

Gauge wrote: »
    When I think of larpers, I think of the time Dara O Briain did a show about them. Was funny :)

Hahaha yeah seen it too , was gas.

Shimei wrote: »
    this thing is gonna rake in the geeks!!!
    defo gonna have a few L.O.L.s this weekend!

ROFL, from what I saw there was a higher turnout to the archery than there was to this.:D
    All your bases, ahem... I mean sports-halls, belong to us!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

curiosity got the better of me

Reminds me of the royal marine ad's on the tv. Ya know the one's that ask how many marines can you spot in this clip??
    Except it should say how many virgins can you spot in this clip:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

was at archery comp in DCU yesterday, ended up wandering in (didnt know ya had to pay until i was on the way out! :) ) was hilarious... couldnt believe the amount of effort people put into lookin like an anime goon! :D

i like anime and manga.and ok yeah there were a few goons but i really dont think you can slag.
    archery comp!!!???
    cant imagine too many cool cats at that.
    what like did you shoot apples off peoples heads?

• Advertisement

*lightning bolt*
    *archery thingy*
    *lightning bolt*
    *archery thingy*
    *lightning bolt*

Relax, archery and anime&manga are just two different nerd factions fighting for the same thing, the quest to be cool.

Was it a good weekend? the anime thing, archery is for jerks

it was gas.
    there was a few knobs but youll always have a few of them.
    but all sorts of games consoles everywhere.
    guitar hero,call of duty,street fighter alpha,soul calibur IV,little big planet and some mental jap game like that dance dance revolution but you use your hands.hilarious watching people do it and would be a savage drunken party game.some costumes were deadly.some were not so good.
    it was a good laugh and the ammount of free **** they gave away was mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Huh, this would explain why the cinema tonight had a load of people with katana and staffs :|

*lightning bolt*
    *archery thingy*
    *lightning bolt*
    *archery thingy*
    *lightning bolt*

Relax, archery and anime&manga are just two different nerd factions fighting for the same thing, the quest to be cool.
    Says the Computer Applications student...:rolleyes:
    :p
    Was it a good weekend? the anime thing, archery is for jerks
    Makes note to replace all the club targets with photos of Will and play music with "kill Will" subliminal messages.:D

farohar wrote: »
    Says the Computer Applications student...:rolleyes:
    :p

Makes note to replace all the club targets with photos of Will and play music with "kill Will" subliminal messages.:D

myspace-owned.jpg

myspace-owned.jpg

Woot, oversized ginger, we don't even need to use the small targets to train folks to hit him and we'll have no problem spotting him from a distance.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Shimei wrote: »
    i like anime and manga.and ok yeah there were a few goons but i really dont think you can slag.
    archery comp!!!???
    cant imagine too many cool cats at that.
    what like did you shoot apples off peoples heads?
    Lol my GF is an archer she's purdy sexy and rediculously cool :D Lots of archery nerds mind you...As for anime, me likey Inital D :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

ahem
    bladetrinitypubn.jpg

zero19 wrote: »
    Lol my GF is an archer she's purdy sexy and rediculously cool :D

;) arnt you a cutie! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

myspace-owned.jpg

Aint that the hawain sumo guy who entered K1 cause he was broke and got knocked the f**k out 8 times!!!! EK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

eirtakon was AMAZING!!! the majority of pictures are still to go up but i have a few:

59245851a9445520969l.jpg

me as soi fon posing with a rukia

my poor tattoo had fun too. someone came at me with a marker and drew a moustache on her and it went on from there. there was a little guy dressed as cloud from Final Fantasy VII who i thought was the cutest thing ever but all the lads there misunderstood my love of cuteness for something more paedophilic, hence the i wanna rape mini cloud statements.

59245851a9445624344l.jpg

by the end of sunday, my back was covered in everyone's signatures and even vic mignognia signed it and drew a little ed elric face! (he's a big time american voice actor who was there by the by)

59245851a9445534370l.jpg

that's me (in wig) with vic (no wig)

59245851a9445637001l.jpg
    59245851a9445637025l.jpg

the larping was slim and far between

oh and cian, there were plenty of narutos

175547012a9426209741l.jpg

I am lolling somewhat at the naruto thingies

way too much nerdage, even for me

you look so happy there with the vic dude, aww:)

:D

ah it was an awesome weekend. i'm glad i was staffing, even tho it meant 2 9 am starts o.0

i bought a ton of stuff and got to talk to a load of different people and get my tattoo destroyed.

oh but there was a crossplayer, as in someone who dresses up as a character of the opposite sex. we saw this guy walking around the whole weekend but couldn't get up close to figure out if it was a dude or not. then i found pictures.

here is lovely Chii from Chobits:

chobits-chii-in-pink-dress.jpg

and here is "lovely" Chii from Eirtakon.......:

PB160056.jpg

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

(the sailor moon cosplay is brilliant in comparison)

that sh¡t is just odd, it's like one step beyond crazy

you look so happy there with the vic dude, aww:)

Saw some clips from the dubbed version of FMA yesterday and it sucks IMO!!!:mad:

Soo glad I've the subbed one, even if it means having to read when watching it.
    that sh¡t is just odd, it's like one step beyond crazy

Meh, every convention I've ever seen pics of, regardless of what it was for (tv program, video game, card game, anime, etc...) has always had at least a few cosplayers.

59245851a9445520969l.jpg

i love when you recognise someone in a random photo!! :D
    i see you michael! Lol!!

farohar wrote: »
    Saw some clips from the dubbed version of FMA yesterday and it sucks IMO!!!:mad:

i never watch dubs, i hate the majority (except cowboy bebop, which is the best dub in existance ever) but your man vic was brilliant, he was such a character. he was full of charisma and a great public speaker, so even if i haven't watched his voice acting, it was really interesting listening to him speak.

plus him and steven blum (who does the voice for spike spiegel) did Real Fans of Genius, a piss take on the budweiser ad but about otaku stereotypes.

Yaoi obsessed fangirl

mr anime cosplayer guy

bewildered con mother

hallway sleeper guy

Advertisement