Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 ireland sim, in 3 uk phone

• 03-10-2008 7:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

hi
    does any one know if a 3 ireland sim card will work in a 3 uk phone. will i have to unblock the uk phone first. also if i have to unblock the phone does any one know how i can do this in ireland with out the code from 3uk. thanks!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

1. once it's unlocked, 2. yes and 3. depends on the phone. What phone is it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

If it's just becasue your going to be travelling back and forth between countries then it's a relatively pointless exercise though as your minutes and data allowances carry over between the two networks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    1. once it's unlocked, 2. yes and 3. depends on the phone. What phone is it?

its a 3 uk Skypephone s2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

robinph wrote: »
    If it's just becasue your going to be travelling back and forth between countries then it's a relatively pointless exercise though as your minutes and data allowances carry over between the two networks.

no its a uk phone i want to use in ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

dkhill47 wrote: »
    no its a uk phone i want to use in ireland

Then use it in Ireland with the UK SIM it was supplied with, for Skype, or calls to the UK, or data, or as a modem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭andy0

culabula wrote: »
    Then use it in Ireland with the UK SIM it was supplied with, for Skype, or calls to the UK, or data, or as a modem.

Why assume such redundancy?

Maybe the OP wants to use it mainly for calls to Ireland, in which case 3 Ireland may have better rates than 3 UK

Advertisement