Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are designer brands woth the money

• 03-10-2008 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if the likes of smeg, neff and so on are worth the extra cost, do they work any better, last longer?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh, no.
    But buying cheap ****ty brands like Beko or whatever is a false economy too as they fall apart and break down.
    I've always bought the Bosch's etc, and they work a treat (touch wood) and are ok on price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Neilw

Cheers,

Was just comparing today, likes of a belling or indesit oven is 299 and neff is 399 just wondered what was better about it.

I'm not going to buy the cheapest stuff, just want something decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

yes they are.

I furnished my house last year zanussi-neff hotpoint etc.

DID Electrical in Airside did mine. Go in and look at the end of line and display models if you are despirate for a bargain.

Dont be afraid to ask for discount if you are buying a lot - I got discounts and a free trouser press from DID - lovely on cold mornings

got loads of bedclothes and soft furnishings from Harvey Normans.

Well I bought a hotpoint washing machine today, was €449 in Baize, has a small dent in the side and a tiny scratch on the front. A lower spec one is €599 in currys so I think I did ok. Has a full warranty too.

They have bosch, belling, neff, siemens and so on there.

Hot Tip lad...............take a spin to Newry, Co.Down and visit ROCK DAC electrial.........they sell Graded goods........slightly imperfect in some ways but mostly un-noticably..........AMAZING DEALS to be had........and haggle for cash and you'll do well.

http://www.rockdac.co.uk/

• Advertisement

Now this is what I'm after...thanks niceirishfella :D

No worries.........ask for Martin....He's the main man there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Neilw wrote: »
    Just wondering if the likes of smeg, neff and so on are worth the extra cost, do they work any better, last longer?
    They might last longer, but as far as I can see they are just middle-class aspirational kitchen decor for people who can't cook in the first place.

I normally buy mid-range Miele/Bosch stuff as I could count on the fingers of both hands the amount of Hotpoint/Zanussi appliances I've had that have broken down after one or two years.

They might last longer, but as far as I can see they are just middle-class aspirational kitchen decor for people who can't cook in the first place.

I normally buy mid-range Miele/Bosch stuff as I could count on the fingers of both hands the amount of Hotpoint/Zanussi appliances I've had that have broken down after one or two years.
    can so cook

CDfm wrote: »
    can so cook

invite us all round for dinner so:D:D!!!

• Advertisement

middle-class aspirational kitchen decor for people who can't cook in the first place.

Can you cook and I dont mean coddle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

Hot Tip lad...............take a spin to Newry, Co.Down and visit ROCK DAC electrial.........they sell Graded goods........slightly imperfect in some ways but mostly un-noticably..........AMAZING DEALS to be had........and haggle for cash and you'll do well.

http://www.rockdac.co.uk/

it is important to note that this company is a rework company -here is an example of what happens -

i buy a zanussi washer i plumb it in and after a while it breaks down ,i call an engineer and he is not able to repair it -zanussi take it back and give me a new one under warrenty ,the old one sits in the warehouse till they get a full load and is shipped to newry where this company rework it -some appliances are ok to do this but with fridges its normally gas leaks that are the problem and 9 out of 10 times an internal leak where the hot gas gets pased round the door seal -solution? bypass the door seal system -fridge looks good but is not up to standard

this is lifted fom there website -

In February 2004 Rock DAC became an Official Electrolux re-works centre. Currently one of eight such centres located within the UK. As an Electrolux re-works centre we are able to supply all of Electrolux’s products including spares. All our graded appliances are factory tested and sold with the same Full Manufacturers Warranty and support as a non graded Appliance but at substantial savings to the customer.With all work being carried out by certified engineers working to the professional standards set by the appliance manufacturers, providing customers the highest standards in professional service and expertise.

At Rock D.A.C we buy top brand manufacturer returns and refurbish them where necessary to graded standard for sale to the public or retailers. The reasons for these returns are usually because they are unwanted presents, duplicate orders, delivered to the wrong address, packaging damaged, minor cosmetic blemishes, missing accessories or because of minor faults.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

CDfm wrote: »
    Can you cook and I dont mean coddle
    I make mean Cornflakes.

I get by with my limited culinary abilities, but I class most SMEG and AGA owners in the same bracket that I class most SUV owners.

Re; Rock DAC (good points raised)- it's like everything, you have to use your eyes and your head and gutt when buyin - but i've bought stuff there......and the pricing is very very .....very good.
    I take your point re; dishwashers/fridges, but for goods that got a little damage in transit or the like and never actually did a days work - its a no brainer!

All designer brands are worth the money.

Its a show of think. DKNY Jeans I love em

Advertisement