Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beans...beans ...beans....

• 03-10-2008 8:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    Well i'm doing a lot of training nad looking at my diet , I'm trying to introduce more beans etc into my diet but looking for some suggestions.

I've bough a bean mix but not really sure what to do, if i cook them all up will they last long? to use in salad . As it says 2 hours cooking time ..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Eat them with tuna or roast veg. Maybe some good olive oil and balsamic vinegar with them too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Check out some of the sites in the recipes sticky at the top of the veggie/vegan forum. Bean chilli, cold bean salad, beans n mash etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Bean chili (chili non carne) and bean tacos are awesome. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Orby

here's a fast idea that is v flexible.

1 Tin beans drained and rinsed (kidney, navy, any..)
    few cloves garlic
    breadcrumbs or cooked brown rice
    onion chopped+pepper/carrot
    1 tbs tomato purée
    any herbs or spices
    veg stock

mix all with hand blender or food processor. Make into burger shapes and fry.

Edit- just realised this post is month old! Ah well ill leave it alone anyway

Advertisement