Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Appeals Office

• 03-10-2008 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am new to this excellent site having read it many times recently before deciding to join. I have query with which someone may be able to help me. I am waiting for an oral hearing with the appeals office since may of this year, and after writing and telephoning them on a few occasions i was told every time this should not take much longer...5 months on i am still waiting and suffering severe financial hardship as i suffer from rheumatoid arthritis.

I was never familiar with having to do something like this but because of an error in figures that needs to be rectified i now have to wait..and wait. Does anyone have any experience of having to wait a long time for an appeal hearing or is there anything else i can do to hurry it up.
    Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Sheena K

Im not sure about the appeal but I do know that you can go to your local welfare officer help with money while your waiting.

I waited months fro my disability allowance and never went to the welfare officer because I thought they wouldnt give me anything.

But when my sister put in for the dole (because the shop she worked in burnt down) and she went to local welfare officer and got a hardship payment while she was waiting. (The payment was taken out of her back pay when she got the dole).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,565 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

will you are waiting ,go to the Community welfare officer in the local health centre and explain your case.as for the appeals office i have heard of cases that have taken 9/10 months

http://www.dohc.ie/public/information/how_health_services_are_organised/health_boards_and_community_welfare_officers.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 hippy chic

Thank you both for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

never hurts to give your td a call

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭dazzlermac

jhegarty wrote: »
    never hurts to give your td a call

does if his name is michael mcgrath from fianna fail....useless:mad::mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement