Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

waterford ppl who want to set up a soccer team

• 04-10-2008 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

im looking for ppl who would be interested in forming a soccer team with me i no there are loads of clubs in waterford but i just want to set up a team for the fun of it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 stallone

watcha gonna call the team and where ya goin with it ,junior league or league of ireland?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,199 ✭✭✭✭muffler

You just cant decide you want to form a football team.

I have my suspicions about this thread. If the OP wants to PM me and explain what this is about then we may allow some comments.

Locked till clarification is received.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,199 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Thread reopened subject to terms and conditions :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 atom2k8

stallone wrote: »
    watcha gonna call the team and where ya goin with it ,junior league or league of ireland?:confused:
    i havnt decided on a name at d mo im interested in getting a team together to play in d floodlit soccer league its played every nite monday to friday on astro turf. i am also looking into the requirements to join the junior league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

go with the floodlit, the junior league is a pain in the arse, i played in it for about 5 years and most weekends you might have a game called off for whatever, referee not available, weather too bad,ive went about 8 weeks without a game about 4 seasons ago, from ppl that i know that play the floodlit they say its the business, guaranteed a game because its all weather, 30 mins a side, bring subs on and off as you wish , its supposed to be expensive though, something like a tenner a game or so

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 atom2k8

its 20 euros a head to register and get insurance per player for the year and roughly 10 euros each a game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

The league has already begun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Better off to enter a team into the summer league when it comes around. Way to much effort is needed to set up a junior league team.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭spockpower

you could enter a team in the leisure leagues.
    its 6 a side played in kingfisher every wednesday or sunday.
    http://www.leisureleagues.ie/Ireland/All-Areas/IRL-Waterford---Sundays.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Is the league in ballygunner still going does anyone know?

• Advertisement
Advertisement