Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Net Soc

Options
  • 04-10-2008 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭

Any way to sign up with net soc after the soc week? I'm not hopeful considering how I couldnt find yis this week of all weeks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

couldn't find them either?

anyone know who's running it this year as there were a few of last years 4th years running it last year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭randomcountdown

You ****ing idiots.
    I warned you.

EDIT: Also the netsoc were in both Kevin ST and Aungier ST at the Gamesoc stand all day both Wednesday and Thursday so if you couldn't find them you really didn't try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

davedrave wrote: »
    Any way to sign up with net soc after the soc week?
    You ****ing idiots.
    I warned you.

EDIT: Also the netsoc were in both Kevin ST and Aungier ST at the Gamesoc stand all day both Wednesday and Thursday so if you couldn't find them you really didn't try.

Any chance of answering the above question since you know so much about them.

orla wrote: »
    Any chance of answering the above question since you know so much about them.

Oh <snip>, I already PM'd them both with times they can meet up with someone who'll sort them out.

i was really too busy last week with sorting out my final year project, it's supervisor and it's proposal to go near the socs sign up.

some things take priority :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

randomcountdown

once more dude and your getting a week ban

ould you ever cop on to yourself and leave out the personal insults

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭davedrave

<snip>
    I warned you.

I tried twice in kevin street gamesoc and once in angier street, gamesoc ppl were there, but no netsoc

davedrave wrote: »
    I tried twice in kevin street gamesoc and once in angier street, gamesoc ppl were there, but no netsoc

You didn't see the netsoc posters at the Gamesoc stands then?
    I know this is an insane notion but the Gamesoc people WERE the netsoc people.
    Cremo wrote: »
    i was really too busy last week with sorting out my final year project, it's supervisor and it's proposal to go near the socs sign up.

some things take priority :P

Fair enough.
    randomcountdown

once more dude and your getting a week ban

ould you ever cop on to yourself and leave out the personal insults

Shut it you passive agressive she-bitch, I already PM'd them both arranging to meet someone who can sort them out.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

banned

muppet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Netsoc guy is in my class. Ill see him on Monday and let him know some of you guys want to join. See if he can arrange a meet up during break time or something.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Vorr1k

i had been sitting at the gamesoc stand in aungier street at the time, 2 people came up to me and asked where to sign up for netsoc.
    I directed them to kevin street stand and they had mentioned they visited there already and did not see it.

People really didnt pay attention to the "netsoc" on the board of our stand, also the board right beside our stand with "netsoc" which was also the netsoc stand and i know people from netsoc were there at the time :/.

Anyways, i got signed up and i helped as many people who asked where they want to sign up, when i was in kevin street i even walked them to the netsoc people, 3 feet away.

Just lazy :P

if i see tonky before the lad above me gets in contact ill inform him or w/e

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Bit naive on my part. What exactly do netsoc do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Vorr1k

well access to the inter netsoc irc thingy

lotsa storage space

and a nice access to the U: drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

banned

muppet

Oh come on melekalikimaka , you banned him for that ? i mean he did not really mean the stuff , and his comments are just simple raging i mean they are not actually personal insult to anybody, and i would hope no body would take them as just, considering he did pm the people asking about netsoc the details they needed.

Oh come on melekalikimaka , you banned him for that ? i mean he did not really mean the stuff , and his comments are just simple raging i mean they are not actually personal insult to anybody, and i would hope no body would take them as just, considering he did pm the people asking about netsoc the details they needed.
    personal insults whether in jest or not are taken extremely serious on boards.ie, as much as you want to believe that freedom of speech exists on boards.ie it doesn't. everything that is posted here becomes the views of boards.ie company as soon as you hit "post reply" they are liable for it. the reciever of the personal insult is entitled to bring legal action upon boards.ie if they want, see the stickies on every forum here about a well know music event promoter. if randomcountdown feels hard done by he can create a thread on feedback.

and if i'm not mistaken this is his second time being banned from here for the same reason.

also you're post could be consider back-seat modding which is against the rules of boards.ie as well ;)

if there's a problem with a post - report it, this sends an email to the mods and cat mods of the forum with a link to the post so it's dealt with quickly.
    if there's a problem with a mods decision - create a feedback thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Calling someone a "passive agressive she-bitch" is not a personal insult? :confused:

Could he not have just posted the info? What's to say nobody else was wondering how to get a netsoc account ?

Clearly you and random countdown have issues with me and i've said it before and i'll say it again: Come up and say it to my face.

Both of you are nothing but keyboard warriors.

orla wrote: »
    Calling someone a "passive agressive she-bitch" is not a personal insult? :confused:

Could he not have just posted the info? What's to say nobody else was wondering how to get a netsoc account ?

Clearly you and random countdown have issues with me and i've said it before and i'll say it again: Come up and say it to my face.

Both of you are nothing but keyboard warriors.

Jesus i did not say what he said is not a personal insult , just that he does not normally mean most of it or is being sarcastic , expect i guess in that cause, cause calling someone a "passive agressive she-bitch" sounds like something he would mean, so fair enough he got banned.

Post the info ? i dont know ask him , no wait you cant he has been banned.
    and pm people the info is far better then doing nothing.

Clearly you hold yourself in just high level of esteem , to come up with the idea that i give enough of a **** to have a problem with you or honestly anybody. As for random countdown i wont speak for him or his opinion, but confusing either of with bloody keyboard warriors :D is bit of a mistake. i mean if you want to bring any this up in person , with either of us are hard to find around kevin street.

Cremo wrote: »
    also you're post could be consider back-seat modding which is against the rules of boards.ie as well ;)

back-seat modding :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Sorry to anyone from netsoc but I'm closing this thread on the basis that it's gone way off topic. Anyone's more then welcome to re-start a discussion in a clean thread.

Personal insults are never tolerated on boards, so don't go playing that game.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement