Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis Locking Up

Options
  • 04-10-2008 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Peeps,

After not having had a desktop for about a year I went out and built myself a nice new shiny machine. The only thing is I'm having a problem with Crysis locking up on me. When I reach a checkpoint or do a quicksave it can take about a minute to finish saving the game or if it doesn't do that it locks up and I have to quit it. This is happening quite frequently and it's getting annoying as it didn't do this in the earlier levels.

I'm running it on Vista Ultimate 64bit and I have applied patch 1.1, I didn't apply the later patch as I was informed that it wipes your save games, is this true? I let Crysis pick optimal settings and I even brought it down a few levels incase that was causing a problem but no luck still. All drivers are up to date.

Hardware specs are: Intel Q9300 @ stock, 4GB of Corsair XMS, Sapphire HD4870 and an Asus P5E Deluxe.

Can anyone give me any information as to what might be causing this, have you had a similar problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KilOit

Lot of people are affected by this problems it's caused by 1.1 patch, uninstall it and it should be ok

Edit... it seems there's a 1.2 patch now maybe give that a try before uninstalling 1.1
    http://www.crymod.com/thread.php?threadid=20664

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

KilOit wrote: »
    Lot of people are affected by this problems it's caused by 1.1 patch, uninstall it and it should be ok

I had the problem before patch 1.1 and thought that patching the game might solve it, no luck though.

Ah it would appear that Crysis is the most retarded game ever. The 1.1 patch fecks up saves and checkpoints for alot of people. I just installed the 1.2 patch and as I was told, my save games are gone.

Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Ah it would appear that Crysis is the most retarded game ever. The 1.1 patch fecks up saves and checkpoints for alot of people. I just installed the 1.2 patch and as I was told, my save games are gone.

Brilliant.

There was a problem where every save made built up some sort of feedback loop and by (for me) the tank section it locked up for about 2 minutes before it'd reload.

What I did back in the day of no 1.2 patch was to find someone else's save file which stopped the game locking up. I'm sure you'll be able to find a save game file somewhere that's where you were in the game.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

I had no issues with the games and I'm basically run the same rig as you Kintaro, the only difference is I have a e8400 dual core cpu. Same motherboard and graphics card and OS and 4GB ram.

Try the usuall of updating drivers and getting up to date with the latest patch. Once your up 1.21 if your stuck and loose the saves games I can send you via e-mail a save game if you tell where your last check point is if you want to do that.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help guys. I looked into the 1.2 patch thing some more and while it does loose your save games this is because it doesn't load your profile. So I just went back in, loaded my profile and my save games were there thankfully.

I still think it's a load of poo to release two patches that both cause problems. Thankfully though it worked out in the end and if it hadn't I would of had the help of some fellow boardsies, so thanks once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Thanks for the help guys. I looked into the 1.2 patch thing some more and while it does loose your save games this is because it doesn't load your profile. So I just went back in, loaded my profile and my save games were there thankfully.

I still think it's a load of poo to release two patches that both cause problems. Thankfully though it worked out in the end and if it hadn't I would of had the help of some fellow boardsies, so thanks once again.

Thank your lucky stars you aren't playing Clear Sky.

Thank your lucky stars you aren't playing Clear Sky.

Loads of bugs with that? I was thinking about getting it at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Jack Sheehan

Heaps of bugs as well as the fact that BOTH the 1.1 patch and the 1.2 patch deleted your save games irreperably.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Sounds like a memory leak or something, very annoying.

I'm sure you can download some 1.2 save games for where you were, its not like you'll lose your highly customised character or anything :/

• Advertisement
Advertisement