Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Fees Scheme

• 04-10-2008 1:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

I was told by a careers advisor that if I did a taught Masters course, the fees would be covered by the current free fees scheme - Is she right? I had never heard of this previously, but I'm a bit excited by it.

Kevin

Comments

She is incorrect. Some taught masters might be covered by funds within the college, but most you have to pay fees yourself. However, you may be eligble for a grant from your local authority and your fees get paid for you this way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Excellent - Thanks for the information. I had a strong feeling that she was indeed incorrect on this issue.

Kevin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

Kevster wrote: »
    I was told by a careers advisor that if I did a taught Masters course, the fees would be covered by the current free fees scheme - Is she right? I had never heard of this previously, but I'm a bit excited by it.

Kevin
    Errr.... Kinda. Which course was it? Allot of science and engineering courses are covered under HEA funding and you "Only" have to pay around 1,700 yo yo's. Check for HEA funding is my advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

I am not sure about the course but I have been noticing on various course websites that they do indeed mention funding. In some cases, the wntire fee was covered!

Advertisement