Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Noobs Guide to online Halo3

• 04-10-2008 1:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Ive been and am a Pc gamer for about 10 years now but i cant figure out how i get a multiplayer game of Halo 3 going?

I loved Halo on the PC multiplayer of course it was brilliant fun.

1) do i need a live gold account?
    2) how do i start it up?

I think i got a game going but it seems very compliated to me is it "match making" please help and try not to laugh at me!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

theres a xbox live trial for a month with almost any new game u get, but yes its best to get the 12 month xbox live and gold account, u usualy get a little extra free too when u get the year sub, and if u pay for it with Credit card it will renew itself...

you can get the 12 month subscription in xtra vision or pc world or game or gamestop, anywhere with xbox stuff, but yes gold subscription is the one you want, it really opens up the xbox live stuff for most things its great

xbox is far much more fun than the pc i think, but thats me :) i played halo on pc for a while but after gettin the xbox it rocks once u get goin, u can do all the halo multiplayer u want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

-=al=- wrote: »
    theres a xbox live trial for a month with almost any new game u get, but yes its best to get the 12 month xbox live and gold account, u usualy get a little extra free too when u get the year sub, and if u pay for it with Credit card it will renew itself...

you can get the 12 month subscription in xtra vision or pc world or game or gamestop, anywhere with xbox stuff, but yes gold subscription is the one you want, it really opens up the xbox live stuff for most things its great

xbox is far much more fun than the pc i think, but thats me :) i played halo on pc for a while but after gettin the xbox it rocks once u get goin, u can do all the halo multiplayer u want

I was kinda wondering how in Halo 3 u set a game up? is it match making or custom game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

well to start your own game its custom games, but youll have to invite people to it, and get them to invite people too. You cannot create a game and have it viewed in a list or available games by possibe joiners. (like pc),

go into social and do some games there first, then set up a custom game, and invite everyone you met in social, usually they just lookin for a bit of fun, so theres a good chance of people joining etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

dont play social or ranked, go to hardcore and select mlg and keep playing and playing no matter if you lose or not

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

neilk32 wrote: »
    dont play social or ranked, go to hardcore and select mlg and keep playing and playing no matter if you lose or not
    Why the hell would he do that, if by the sounds of it he's new to Halo on the Xbox?

If you don't currently have the online friends, or the inclination to make 'em; go into the matchmaking lobby; choose "playlist"; choose a gametype (maybe a social to start); then choose "start matchmaking" and just wait to be matched up with other players automatically.

• Advertisement

so he can actually get good at the game in a short period of time instead of people running around with ar's and duel spikers.

neilk32 wrote: »
    so he can actually get good at the game in a short period of time instead of people running around with ar's and duel spikers.
    Ah, so make sure he knows that certain weapons are only for "noob kills". Thus ensuring he holds that superior attitude before it has a chance to develop naturally. Good thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭armour87

Whats so good about duel spikers?

armour87 wrote: »
    Whats so good about duel spikers?
    Who said they were good?

the reason why i'm better than the majority of people in this country at halo? No arrogance intended here, i was introduced to mlg settings when i first started playing. The reason why friends improve a lot quicker? I introduce them to mlg so they can progress faster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

Dades wrote: »
    Why the hell would he do that, if by the sounds of it he's new to Halo on the Xbox?

If you don't currently have the online friends, or the inclination to make 'em; go into the matchmaking lobby; choose "playlist"; choose a gametype (maybe a social to start); then choose "start matchmaking" and just wait to be matched up with other players automatically.

Cheers for that yeah im a total xbox 360 Halo noob and ive never played an FPS on a console EVER till Halo 3, only online game ive played is GTA4 which seems very easy to setup and play. At least i know what to do now thanks:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

yo Scram addme , im usually doing some custom games online, so if you just looking for fun join in.

GT: Korvanica

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭-=al=-

i hardly ever play mlg, just usually social slayer keeps me happy

Advertisement