Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hirens Boot Cd

• 04-10-2008 9:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

I downloaded and burn <snip> Boot CD the latest version but when I restard the laptop it dosent boot into the cd.
    The boot sequence is correct booting to the cd 1st.

Im I doing something wrong with the burn process? I just burned the normal .iso image to the cd.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

if you just burn the iso as a file it will not work

depends on what burning software you have but..

open the app, look for an option to burn from image, locate the iso file ...

what burning software do you use?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 546 ✭✭✭abakan

i used magicdisk software for one and burned another disk through Roxio.

I seen an option for boot disk through Magicdisk but I said id throw the Q up here 1st before I ruin another disk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

if you just burn the iso as a file it will not work

Of course it will work, well it should work.ISO = exact copy, which is <nip> case is bootable.If find it strange though that the OP is having problems booting it.Did you try to boot it in more than one machine? If so, trying using ImgBurn instead.Google it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Please read the charter about warez

besides there are freeware equilivants of many of the expensive tools on just about every linux live cd

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement