Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Rock on TV

• 04-10-2008 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

Just stumbled across "Rock-on-tv" on Sky Channel 260.

Listed for today and over the coming week is:

Couple of shows for us proggies:D:D;

Yes - The Directors Cut Pts 1 & 2
    Rick Wakeman - Grumpy old picture show

Also;
    Peter Green Splinter Group
    Deep Purple - Live at Montreux
    Greg Lake - Welcome Backstage

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Good find!

Thanks for posting.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I'd place a safe bet that NTL won't get this, heaven forbid they give us a decent station instead of another crap one with a +1 at the end of it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

I found this last night too! I was watching some flamenco-esque guitarist called Greg Lake. He was awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭MoominPapa

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    I'd place a safe bet that NTL won't get this, heaven forbid they give us a decent station instead of another crap one with a +1 at the end of it. :(

Incredible this is on NTL Channel 511. Don't know when it started but watched Purple in Montreux last night:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Purple was on Performance Mainstreet when that chnnel occupied 511 for brief moment, Rock on TV seems to have only 6/7 progs.

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 RabbleRouser

In my old gaff I had ntl and on the performance channel and they used to play a Chas and Dave gig from years ago; they played it loads of times. Since seeing this concert I have began a secret love affair with Chas and Dave's music. Am I wrong? Or are Chas and Dave great musicians with a fantastic view on love and life which can only be acquired from workin since you could walk?

And before anyone takes a stab may I just stipulate for the record, that, being a fan of the game, I didn't mind 'Snooker Loopy', wouldn't have it played at my wedding or anything but I found it to be an amusing and cheerful song. Although 'rabbit' was a bit sh1t.

Needless to say, I've kept this a secret from my friends, should I come out? Does anyone know where I could get a recording of this gig?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

mike65 wrote: »
    Purple was on Performance Mainstreet when that chnnel occupied 511 for brief moment, Rock on TV seems to have only 6/7 progs.
    Mike

Indeed.
    Hopefully enough people will watch them that they can afford to buy a few more next month!
    They've been through a few incarnations but always seem to struggle. The old problem of not enough money to buy in a good selection of shows, so they generate little revenue......and can't afford to buy in many new shows!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

mike65 wrote: »

Mike

Yip, just had a wee can forward on the digibox. It'd be nice if they changed the rota once in a while

Advertisement