Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What buses go from/to DCU-Blanchardstown?

Options
  • 04-10-2008 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

I am attending Insititute of Technology in Blanchardstown and it is freshers week next week.
    I live too far away to be able to get home on the nights out so I am thinking of staying with my sis on campus in D.C.U.

What buses go from/to DCU(Ballyogan)-Blanchardstown?

Do you wreckin it will cost much for a taxi?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭TorresDaLegend

Theres no direct route so what id do is get the 10 or whatever into town and then get the 38or 38a or the c, not sure which one goes by ITB . .

Woaah taxi will be VERY expensive. . . looking at 25/30euro each way . . .

Bus is way handier.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Buses in the city forum.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Moved into the City forum.

There is a bus from Ballymun out to Blanch not sure what number it is,you can walk from DCU to Ballymun in 10/15min.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BOHSBOHS

the 220 !:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,308 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Dub13 wrote: »
    you can walk from DCU to Ballymun in 10/15min.

Er...DCU is in Ballymun.

Bit of a walk to the 220 Bus Stop though, I'd get the 17A to Finglas Village and hop on the 220 there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

DCU very euphemistically refer to their address as simply 'Dublin 9, Ireland', meaning yes it is in Ballymun, but no they're not going to admit it!
    Nowt as strange as folk!

Des wrote: »
    Er...DCU is in Ballymun.

Bit of a walk to the 220 Bus Stop though, I'd get the 17A to Finglas Village and hop on the 220 there.

Its not much of a walk,only a short hop up the Ballymun Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

deswalsh wrote: »
    DCU very euphemistically refer to their address as simply 'Dublin 9, Ireland', meaning yes it is in Ballymun, but no they're not going to admit it!
    Nowt as strange as folk!

Eh, Ballymun is Dublin 13! I've only ever seen the address referred to as Dublin 9 or Glasnevin, Dublin 11. I wouldn't really refer to anything that side of Collins/Glasnevin Avenue as Ballymun either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Ballymun is Dublin 11 or Dublin 9 depending on which part you're living. It's never Dublin 13.

Isn't Ballyogan over the southside???

• Advertisement

Yea I am from Dublin 13 and its way over on the coast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Ok I can get the 220 from outside blanch college to dcu, ive seen it around so thats not a problem.

The problem is getting from DCU to Blanchardstown because I dont have a clue about Ballyogan and the bus stops.
    If someone could give me directions from dcu on where to get a 220 that would be great.

p.s last night it cost 17 quid for a taxi from blanch to dcu. dam!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I suggest you learn how to use google maps.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=Ballymun,+County+Dublin,+Republic+of+Ireland&ie=UTF8&cd=1&geocode=FUrDLgMdmGKg_w&ll=53.396023,-6.267443&spn=0.032345,0.064888&z=14&iwloc=0x48670e1cd4966eeb:0x69dd6c101403b6cc

Zoom on on the red tag which is at the ballymun shopping centre and you will see the blue and white bus icon,
    click on it and it will tell you what buses stop there and you will see the 220 is listed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

if you get the 220 from blanch to dcu , just remember which stop you got off at or, tie one end of a piece of string to the bus stop and tie the other to you, that way you can find your way back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

ballymun sc is just up the road from dcu, head towards the towers and get on the bus simple as

Advertisement