Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Handling Charge' for non repaired iPod

Options
  • 04-10-2008 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Well I suppose he's charging for his time and he has a right to do that, but you should be told about a handling fee before hand. I once had this problem similar to yours with a useless mechanic and for a lot more money, we came to an agreement but I still had a broken down car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭madmik

refuse to pay
    its illegal for them to charge you anything that wasnt pre-aggreed
    theyre rippinng u off
    this kind of crap only happens because people let them get away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Not once was a €35 handling charge ever mentioned when i dropped my iPod in first day.

Thoughts?

Did you sign anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 mazdagirl

where I work there is a handling fee if you do not go ahead with the repair, but when it is dropped in first there is a form the customer has to sign to say handling charge has been explained to them, was there any signs up explaining the handling charge in the shop

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭freebee23

Nope, nothing, i just wrote down my name & number on a blank A4 for him.
    If he rings back i'll just tell i'm not paying for it and it was never pre-agreed.
    He can just throw out my iPod, couldn't be bothered with the hassle of collecting it..

Hi There,

Just throwing my tupence worth in. I understand that you might feel put out by going to the hassle of collecting your iPod, but remember this is your property, you paid out the initial cost of this so why would you just let the store keep it. If you were not made aware of the 35 euro charge in the first place, I would see no issue with you just collecting the iPod in the same condition that you left it in.
    I am sure there is some legislation out there that covers situations like this, might be worth checking it out.
    I could be wrong here but I would be very surprised if the store would just 'Throw out your iPod'. They know what is wrong with it, so do you!!!
    By the way sometimes the HD might not be the "Problem" after all. Have a look at the following. http://www.zisman.ca/Articles/2006/lem-Crashes.html
    Might be worth collecting it in the end just to try this out. What do you have to lose.

Cheers,
    Freebee23

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Silenceisbliss

well the ipod is broken....is it worth YOUR while going in, picking it up, and paying 35 squids for a broken iPod??? jus leave it sure!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Personally I wouldn't leave them have your ipod, bets are its perfectly fixable and for ALOT less then what they are quoting you.
    Give it to me if you want to get rid of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Cabaal wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn't leave them have your ipod, bets are its perfectly fixable and for ALOT less then what they are quoting you.
    Give it to me if you want to get rid of it :)

Or if you do not want the hassle and have a mate who would be passing the shop let them pop in, get the ipod, drop it on the ground and smash it in front of him, quote fixin that!

They probably clean up with people just leaving stuff there, if you have a few broken ipods you can use the parts to make a working one. Also who knows if he even looked at it. Tells you €90 in the hope you will not want it fixed, and €35 in the hope you will not come in again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭jaycen

I completely understand having a handling charge but it must be explained to a customer, same as a plumber etc having a minimum call-out.

Hardly worth it but you should stand up for your rights here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement