Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

The Rock 94.9fm

• 04-10-2008 12:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭

For all those who want a change from planetrock.com, here's an Irish rock station with some well known presenters.

http://www.therock.ie/

Not sure how long it will be on for.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Duff_Man

its back?! i remember it being around earlier in the year but it was only about for 2weeks or somethin! it was a great show tho

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭PattheMetaller

Excellent, thanks:D

It's only a temporary license:eek:

Let's start a campaign

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

It's only a temporary license:eek:

Let's start a campaign

Good thinking! I for one would love a decent rock radio station here, as I can only get planetrock on the web.

Aye and make it available nationwide on the car radio. There's only so much of Matt Cooper I can take on the way home from work:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

What a station, wish it was a permanent licence.

Aye and make it available nationwide on the car radio. There's only so much of Matt Cooper I can take on the way home from work:D

CAn i quote myself? Is that allowed?

Not forgetting The Right Hook too. It's be nice to tune into a station playing good music instead of what currently passes nationally. No need for mp3 players in the car if there was a decent station.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rgjmce

No need for mp3 players in the car if there was a decent station.

Amen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Absolutely! If that station was permanent, we wouldn't have to rely so much on our mp3 players, and end up getting sick and tired of our favourite songs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rgjmce

Ok lets start a campaign then

• Advertisement

Anyone know how? On boards.ie? Any moderators got any pointers? Don't want banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Slicklink

The Rock is only on a 30 day temporary licence (every Fri/Sat/Sun only until Dec 7th).

Your wish has already been granted anyway as regards the full time rock station. So no need for a campaign!

Next year (probably February) a new station called Nova 100 will be on full time with a classic rock format. They recently were awarded the licence by the BCI.

Nova are in the main the same guys who brought you "The Rock"

Advertisement