Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A different kind of Maths problem. Low Content

Options
  • 04-10-2008 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭

Has anyone else ever encountered this problem on Stars?

Sit'n'Gos are off due to server maintenance so I play micro stakes for half an hour. This is the first hand I played at the table after buying in for $6.
    When I opened a second table I noticed that the max. buy-in was $10 so bought another $4 on this table while this hand was in progress.

Stars table SYLLCA II Saturday Morning 6:30 ET

nevencity: posts small blind $0.02
    TonyIE40: posts big blind $0.05
    4dgamble: raises $0.10 to $0.15
    Fiver_Diver: calls $0.15
    TonyIE40: calls $0.10
    *** FLOP ***
    4dgamble: bets $0.31
    TonyIE40: calls $0.31
    *** TURN ***
    *** RIVER *** [8d 8h Qh 6c] [2s]
    TonyIE40: bets $0.40
    Uncalled bet ($0.40) returned to TonyIE40
    TonyIE40 collected $1.04 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $1.09 | Rake $0.05
    Seat 4: TonyIE40 (big blind) collected ($1.04)

I started the next hand with $10. Looks like the Stars rake machine got a little excited. I put 46c in the pot and took back $1.04. I had added $4 during the hand so I fugyre I should have started the next hand with $10.58. I started the next hand with $10

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Glowingmind

Most likely your top up ended up being $3.4x - because you topped up during the hand, it will only actually process the topup once the hand ends, so will take the profit from the hand away from the topup amount to leave you with the max.

I think that makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

You can't top up to more than a buy-in usually. It reprocesses your top-up if you get money back from the pot. There are irregular glitches on some sites that let you top-up for more but these are simply glitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭newbie2

^^^^^^^^What Glow said is what happened. When you top up to the max buy in (in this case $10), it waits until the hand is over to top you up. You won a couple of cents during this hand which brought your stack to €6.60. As you had asked to top up to the table maximum buy in amount - $10 Stars gave you $3.40 to bring you up to the max buy in.
    There's nothing untoward about it. Online poker is not rigged. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

OK. I get it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

DubTony wrote: »
    Has anyone else ever encountered this problem on Stars?

Sit'n'Gos are off due to server maintenance so I play micro stakes for half an hour. This is the first hand I played at the table after buying in for $6.
    When I opened a second table I noticed that the max. buy-in was $10 so bought another $4 on this table while this hand was in progress.

Stars table SYLLCA II Saturday Morning 6:30 ET

nevencity: posts small blind $0.02
    TonyIE40: posts big blind $0.05
    4dgamble: raises $0.10 to $0.15
    Fiver_Diver: calls $0.15
    TonyIE40: calls $0.10
    *** FLOP ***
    4dgamble: bets $0.31
    TonyIE40: calls $0.31
    *** TURN ***
    *** RIVER *** [8d 8h Qh 6c] [2s]
    TonyIE40: bets $0.40
    Uncalled bet ($0.40) returned to TonyIE40
    TonyIE40 collected $1.04 from pot
    *** SUMMARY ***
    Total pot $1.09 | Rake $0.05
    Seat 4: TonyIE40 (big blind) collected ($1.04)

I started the next hand with $10. Looks like the Stars rake machine got a little excited. I put 46c in the pot and took back $1.04. I had added $4 during the hand so I fugyre I should have started the next hand with $10.58. I started the next hand with $10

Move up to where they respect your raises.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Groan, I really wish I had read the whole post before I had started adding the bets.
    Post really reads:
    Q: .02+.05+.15+.15+.10+.31+.31 ... can you top up above the max at Stars?
    A: No

Advertisement