Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie-Fifa 09-Online League

Options
  • 04-10-2008 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭

League Name:boards ie
    Password:passw0rd (all lower cause,zero stead of 'o')

32 teams play everyone 3 times(take ages i know:P) but should be good craic...
    ill cya all there:D

Comments

Soby wrote: »
    League Name:boards ie
    Password:passw0rd (all lower cause,zero stead of 'o')

32 teams play everyone 3 times(take ages i know:P) but should be good craic...
    ill cya all there:D

I'm up for this but lower it from 32, there is'nt a hope in hell all 32 players will finish there games so it's pointless. Get 8 commited players first who play online a lot and who won't quit when there doing ****, build it up from there!!

I tried to set up a PES one last year and only 3 players were commited and it never got off the ground!!

Just edit that league down, 8 teams is still 7/14 games each and the less players the more chance it will be finished through!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

I'm in, ill log in tomorrow and sign up

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

I'm up for this but lower it from 32, there is'nt a hope in hell all 32 players will finish there games so it's pointless. Get 8 commited players first who play online a lot and who won't quit when there doing ****, build it up from there!!

I tried to set up a PES one last year and only 3 players were commited and it never got off the ground!!

Just edit that league down, 8 teams is still 7/14 games each and the less players the more chance it will be finished through!!

kk will do

kk its now 10 teams playing each other once with a 2 leg play off if needed....:D
    lets do this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

im buying it tomorrow so il join.

what would be great, IF it was 32 teams, is to do countrys and do a draw to see who gets what team. so not everyone has the same team. whatever team you draw you have to stick with it. just have to trust someone to do the draw honestly.

• Advertisement

im buying it tomorrow so il join.

what would be great, IF it was 32 teams, is to do countrys and do a draw to see who gets what team. so not everyone has the same team. whatever team you draw you have to stick with it. just have to trust someone to do the draw honestly.

Trust me that will never work, i joined this site to set up a PES league last year, got loads of names and then when i was trying to get them to pick a team never saw them post again, only 3 others got committed properly and picked teams and gave MSN details(before the update you couldn't message in game which was a waste of time to try do it). The only way i know i could do thjis proper is with friends, as i can push them in person to see it out, picking randoms off a message board is never going to work as most won't play through if there getting beat bad!!

I'll join that tomorrow, searched ''Boards'' earlier and couldn't find anything but maybe it had to be typed perfect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

well up for this but from previous fifa 08 experience we havent a hope of getting 32 teams to play.

well up for this but from previous fifa 08 experience we havent a hope of getting 32 teams to play.

ive changed it down to 10....probley should have stated this is for the Xbox..

Soby wrote: »
    ive changed it down to 10....probley should have stated this is for the Xbox..

Ya that might have been a good idea :-|

Anyway i set one up for the PS3, i put it to 10 teams, search ''Boards'' and the password is either the same or else ''password''(or with a zero like he said here), can't remember exactly but one fella already guessed it after searching for the one that was mentioned in this thread

Can we keep it to seperate teams, or else within reason, i'm not playing 9 Man Utds, i picked Chelsea, not sure who the other fella picked i'll try find out!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Joined the xbox one last night, had to go with Liverpool. Only problem is that, now the top 4 teams have been chosen, how many people will join now?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Anyone that hasn't added their support to the FIFA forum (in my sig) should do so! we need our own place for discussing all things FIFA....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

i signed up as Valencia.

How will this work, are the games scheduled, or played whenever we want? When will it start, etc?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Joined the xbox one last night, had to go with Liverpool. Only problem is that, now the top 4 teams have been chosen, how many people will join now?
    That you i was playing..when my connection went??
    i signed up as Valencia.

How will this work, are the games scheduled, or played whenever we want? When will it start, etc?

Basically just go into the leauge it has a tick if other players are online.If someone is just send a league game invite and get cracking

Ya that might have been a good idea :-|

Anyway i set one up for the PS3, i put it to 10 teams, search ''Boards'' and the password is either the same or else ''password''(or with a zero like he said here), can't remember exactly but one fella already guessed it after searching for the one that was mentioned in this thread

Can we keep it to seperate teams, or else within reason, i'm not playing 9 Man Utds, i picked Chelsea, not sure who the other fella picked i'll try find out!!

i tried joining....couldnt craic ur password

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JamesPious

Anyone up for a game at bout 11?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 327 ✭✭Jackabo

Joined up there,B.Munich

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

JamesPious wrote: »
    Anyone up for a game at bout 11?

i'll try and get online then if i can

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

I joined up as Barcelona. Ill try and get a game or two played tomorrow.

Ah crud, I thought it was just Premiership teams :rolleyes: Ah, the Pool will have to do :)

Yeah Soby, I played you that night. Was fun until the disconnection!

Might be on around 10-ish

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Ah crud, I thought it was just Premiership teams :rolleyes: Ah, the Pool will have to do :)

Yeah Soby, I played you that night. Was fun until the disconnection!

Might be on around 10-ish

:p ah well 3 points for you..accutaly why doesnt it show the points??..it only seems to rank us but we could all be joint 1st for all we know

• Advertisement

Yeah i'm actually unimpressed by the entire online ranking system tbh, especially content and presentation. You have to scroll across the league table to see wins etc. I was hoping for a proper league table with GS, GC, Points etc. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Hi I joined as Real Madrid GT is bennycon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭SNL

Joined then left as first off i thought i was only prem league teams now i cant get back in til gm invites me so please invite me

gamertag is mrbrocky thnx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

I'll throw myself into this if there's still space left.

nope sorry its all full

Any fellow losers having a quiet saturday night in??:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

yea! but i'm not in the league! I'm a manual player and will be playing online from now for a good while.

tag = luv ulongtime69

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I'll join up as soon as I get my Xbox live back proper, waiting on a gold membership to arrive from play.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JamesPious

This league aint really workin. What would people think bout setting up a tournament? I can set it up later if ya like? Maybe 8 or 16 teams - knockout of one game? What ye think?

• Advertisement

JamesPious wrote: »
    This league aint really workin. What would people think bout setting up a tournament? I can set it up later if ya like? Maybe 8 or 16 teams - knockout of one game? What ye think?

emm, i dont think you can do that......

Advertisement