Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoe laces

Options
  • 04-10-2008 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

I bought a pair of shoes recently with double laces in the colours of the shoe fabric. Got home to find only one lace of the second pair of laces had been put in the box, my sister brought it back yesterday and they fobbed her off saying she must have lost the other lace. I'd leave it go except the laces are really long, specifically coloured and can't seem to get them anywhere, even through emailing ebay sellers with similar laces :(. They were the reason I bought them as it was the selling point compared to the other similar shoes. Is this goods not fit for service? What will I do if they fob me off when I go into them?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Can you wear the shoe? Yes, hence it is fit for it's purpose! You'll have a very hard time to prove them wrong or get the second shoe lace from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Go in and have a (polite) word with the manager is probably the best thing you can do. I'd imagine they'd have no problem just giving you a lace and be done with it - it's not like you're trying to bag a third lace off them, as if a third lace would even be any use to you! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

Nody wrote: »
    Can you wear the shoe? Yes, hence it is fit for it's purpose! You'll have a very hard time to prove them wrong or get the second shoe lace from them.

Would you wear a pair of shoes with one lace?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Thanks for all the replies, will try have a word with the manager. The way the shoe is designed it has two fronts to lace, so not having the laces means the very front will fall off. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Similar happened to me a few months back except the lace in question was frayed and snapped as soon as I tried lacing the shoe up. All I did was explain what happened but as they had no more of the style in question in stock their head office had a new one posted within a couple of days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Just got a letter in the post with a pair of similarly colour laces in the right lenght, a shoe charm that goes with the style and an apology. Yay! all in right in the world of shoes for me now :)

Advertisement