Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 20MB Cork/Ballincollig

Options
  • 04-10-2008 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

Iam looking to get the 20meg line. but reading from a few post's the connection is crap. Is there any one in cork or from the ballincollig region with the 20meg line. Also what is upc form gaming?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭PAU

Im in Ballincollig,and the 20mg package is very good m8.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

what kind of ping do you get when gaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭PAU

Im not into PC gaming m8,although it's very good for Torrents.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭com7

i have 20 mb connection and theres no problem with it . my son uses it for gaming and he has no complaints ! hope this is a help

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

If you want a ping for reference in the Cork area, this is UPC in Cork City
    Pinging dustworld.net [193.238.84.199] with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 193.238.84.199: bytes=32 time=28ms TTL=53
    Reply from 193.238.84.199: bytes=32 time=29ms TTL=53
    Reply from 193.238.84.199: bytes=32 time=27ms TTL=53
    Reply from 193.238.84.199: bytes=32 time=24ms TTL=53

Ping statistics for 193.238.84.199:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 24ms, Maximum = 29ms, Average = 27ms

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭ronrar

people in Cork being throttled aswell or are you getting full dl and ul speed for torrents?

considering changing but the p2p thread was not so encouraging :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

cheers Tazzle for that. see iam not convinced that upc will have that ping for 12 months. I called upc and asked the sales rep about latency.. and what a joke. the poor girl didnt have a clue what i was on about. you can see why i dont have much fate in UPC. imagine a car sales rep asking you "What is miles per gallon"

any way another issue who be throttling. And not only on torrents but in every thing. I have IIB wireless and they throttle every thing!!! when i try and dl a game on steam i would be very lucky to get 100k.
    Is this the same on UPC in cork city/ballincollig. can any one give any speeds at peak and off peak times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

looks at post across the boards it looks like Cork isn't having a problem like the rest of the country.

Advertisement