Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a mini greenhouse, cold frame

Options
  • 04-10-2008 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a mini greenhouse, or as I see the correct name is a Cold Frame, where can i get one?
    If I can't buy one relatively cheaply (under 100euro) then my next approach is to build one, anyone tired to build one, where would one get the glass/perspex?

e207_2.JPG

My intention is to grow some potted herbs, what can grow in a Cold Frame over the winter months?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Try http://www.polydome.ie this one is €6 over your budget:(
    Various hardwares including B&Q stock polycarboninate sheeting, it works out better than perspex as it doesn't yellow over time. Occasionally Lidl & Aldi sell these too.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

it's a bit pricey alright, I was out in B+Q today and they actually have 2 types, a thing metal frame with the material you mentioned, looked very flimsy but was less than 30 euro.
    I think I might try to construct one myself with a bit of timber and something like that polycarboninate sheeting, the sheeting can't be screwed I guess maybe some glue will do the job. A short days work and 20euro should do the job I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I've used screws with the polycarboninate sheeting, first drill and use washers. I prefer using hinged screw caps as they leave a nicer finish.

Advertisement