Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamestop - False advertising??

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

What games were you trading in.
    If they were old its no use, they have to be above 15 euro each to trade in and avail of the offer, but then they go sell them for 25. Its like that in most game shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I remember around the time Burnout Paradise was coming out, Xtravision had a big poster in the window advertising that it was €30 (I think!) when you traded in certain games and then listed the very games the offer referred to.
    I've seen the same thing since, with other games. *That's* how these offers should be advertised, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

Just on the orginal post. The deal there offering is an offer to treat , not an offer to sell. So for example if you see a miss priced playstation 3 for 4euro and 19 cent it is wrong and your not entitled to it at that price.

Retailers use this system to there own advantage to offer to treat, to entice people into there shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

Just on the orginal post. The deal there offering is an offer to treat , not an offer to sell. So for example if you see a miss priced playstation 3 for 4euro and 19 cent it is wrong and your not entitled to it at that price.

Retailers use this system to there own advantage to offer to treat, to entice people into there shop.

I think you mean 'invitation to treat'. However that applies to prices marked within the shop itself; public domain such as posters in windows or advertisements in newspapers are subject to provisions in the Consumer Protection Act, which allows for a fine of up to €3000 on a retailer the National Consumer Agency finds to be guilty of 'misleading' advertisement.

Advertisement