Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billy in Mullingar?

Options
  • 04-10-2008 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've an appointment with Billy coming up, as do my friends/mother, we're all going together.

Just wondered who's been to see him before? How did you find him? I'm expecially interested in finding any skeptics that have been to him and finding out what they thought?

I've read bits and pieces about how good and accurate he's been in the past and I have friends/relatives that believe him to be a genius in his field.....I'm extremely skeptical though, I'd be wondering if he's a genius at reading people, working things out in his head and giving people what they want, but that's just the skeptic in me I suppose.

I'm hoping he totally proves me wrong though, and I'm going with an open mind. Any ppl been to him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

ok I've just realised I spelled sceptic "skeptic" about 4 times in that post and also typed expecially?!?!?

Sry, must be the nerves about this visit to Billy :L:L

No replies? You all keepin schtum on this one or is Billy a Boardsie too??

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭microgirl

Two girls in work and a friend of theirs went for the craic a couple of weeks ago. They'd be pretty skeptical about this kind of thing. One of them in fact would be very skeptical about this kind of thing.

They were completely and utterly freaked out by the experience. They said it was INcredible! He knew exactly wat was going on, without a one of them opening their mouths. He generally doesn't give you time to say anything. It's go in, sit down "Hi I'm Billy, you must be Anne. Shuffle the cards there for me and give them over to me" *deal cards* and then continuous commentary from Billy for 15 minutes or however long.

They said he was bone-chillingly accurate, and knew things he couldn't possibly have known, not even from subtle charlatan guesswork and reading of faces etc.

Completely mind-blowing.

And like I said, these are highly intelligent and educated girl, medical scientists, who were going for the craic and would not be the type to easily be taken in by a fraud.

I'm certainly planning on making an appointment, if I can get up to Mullingar to do so :)

Great! Can't wait to get down there now!!

Spoke to a girl today who saw him recently. She said he was spot on about her past and present (although she had to ask him a direct question about someone close to her - a pretty big deal - and when she mentioned the general thing he got more specific and she said he was great, pretty specific etc)

She was overall disappointed though, because she didn't like what he had to say about her future.....which wasn't much! But that's just because he had no spectacular exciting news for her I'd imagine. She said she was only in there for 10 mins and her friends for much longer, but maybe it only seemed that way to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭celtic1888

ive been to Billy a few times over the past couple of years and hes been the best by a long shot for me...

nearly all his short term predictions have occured, some ridiculously accurate...his timeframes have been perfect too...

i would have specifics to ask him though as he can sound generic,...

that being said his last reading hasnt really came to pass...which i aint overly bothered about as it reassures me that he aint infallible as things were becoming crazy with his predictions....i hope things have changed in my situation....

may pop down to him in the next few months again...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Adagiodiva

Can someone please PM me his no?

Have heard great things about him.

Also, what the story with appts? Do you ring on a certain day etc?

Sara

• Advertisement

......went to see Billy today.

My two friends were blown away/amazed etc.

I was not.

I guess once a skeptic always a skeptic.......I wish he'd have changed my mind though, and I did go in to him with an open mind. He told me loads of things about my life that weren't true at all (the first thing he talked about after he'd looked at my palm and dealt the cards was my non-existant boyfriend, and I had to stop him as he was going into all sorts of detail) BOTH o my friends, who were in before me, had long-term relationships so maybe he was presuming, but he wasn't "reading" me or anything to do wiht me.....and changed the subject a hell of a lot. He said absolutely nothing about my past. He got aspects of my personality right but the skeptic in me believes that there are people out there that can read peoples personalities by the way they present themselves/greet you/sit etc......

As soon as I drove away I regretted paying him as I was only in their 10 minutes and my friends and everyone else for nearly 40 minutes. (maybe I wasn't buying into it as much as everyone else or maybe he was tired....who knows) We had waited 3 hours (and were there 10 mins before appt time)

I have a 4.5 yr old daughter who he didn't mention until I did (well into the reading ) and then he thought she was a boy. He said I lived away from home but would return there (I'm there over 2 years now). He said I had worries about my childs health in the past (I've never worried about her health anymore than is normal for any parent, like when she has ran a fever etc...like most kids do at least once or twice...)

Everything seemed to be very general and he zoned in on things I responded to. All in all, I was extremely diappointed. A really nice guy though and as i said, both of my friends were extremely impressed and said he told them things he coudnl't possibly have known.

I've had a massively colourful past with many tragedies and big events both positive and negative that have moulded who I am today (nothing mentioned, not one thing ony a relationship that didn't exist? And a maternal figure who babysat me and who I was close to that died - this person doesn't exist, no-one who has ever cared for me or babysat me as a child has died)

So all in all, I was pished off coz I really looked forward to seeing him as I'd heard all the reports. He told me about a guy I'd meet within 5 months, I'll let ye knoif it happens :rolleyes:

I'll also add this, my summary:
    • Relationship status - Wrong
    • Regarding a relationship 2 years ago - Wrong
    • Maternal figure/influence from childhood, dead - Wrong
    • Where I live (away fom "home") - Wrong (my friend before me who's in same job as me is away from home and that came up so maybe he was presuming I was the same)
    • Sex of my Child (after I'd told him I have one) - Wrong
    • My past health problems (When I asked him about my health) - Totally wrong
    • Worries about childs health - Wrong
    Past - He didn't go into it at all, said very little about my past, I don't know why as there's penty to talk about. He did say, where relationships were concerned, I attract f*cken eejits, but many a single woman my age would agree that they also attract f*cken eejits

Age of child - Correct
    Recent death of male on mothers side - Correct
    Personality - Correct
    Childs personality - Correct (altho I'd imagine a child is either confident or shy so there's a 50/50 chance of getting that one right)
    Situation with childs father - Didn't go into it in any sort of detail, but correct.
    Illness in Family - Almost correct

Future - Job won't change, more than likely true (but he knew at this stage I was in a stable and secure job which I'd be a fool to leave in the current climate!)
    Future - Hook up with some guy I already know and get married and have two more babies. To be confirmed.
    Future - Both parents will live to old age as will I (hard to believe but to be confirmed)
    Future - He gave me some initials of people, 3 actually. I remember what he said about one but not the other two, he was really rushing me and changing the subject alot so he flitted past subjects really fast.

It felt to me, and thinking about it afterward, like he was trying to say as much as possible to me until he got a response from me and then he'd go into more detail....don't get me wrong, I wasn't holding back, or sitting staring at him blankly, I was giving him some things/reactions to go on, but I just couldn't respond to the stuff he was throwing at me that had no significance to my life or me at all....I even focused before I went in and thought deeply and clearly about the things or people or situations that mattered most to me or that I wanted to hear about.....now I feel like a fool for sitting in the place for 3 hours waiting, for wasting loads of money on petrol and for wasting a days leave from work.....wish I'd have had more sucess with him, but alas I think my visits to fortune tellers/tarot readers and so called "psychics" are well and truly over.

I suppose, all in all, I was disappointed that there wasn't one specific thing that he said to me about my past or present that he couldn't have guessed or chanced or worked out himself, pity as I'd really looked forward to it and hoped he'd flush the skeptic out of me once and for all :(

From listening to others that have been to him, it seems people who have lost someone very close to them get on the best with him and praise him the most. Is this because he's more of a medium that a tarot/palm reader or is it because these people are grieving and easily placated by a supposed few kind words from their dead loved ones. He seems a very caring person and can read people very well in some respects. I believe those who are looking for answers (or loved ones) the most, are those who seem to get their answers, "your mother/brother/friend is happy/is laughing/forgives you" etc.....because people searching for asnwers read between the lines and give alot more emotion/reaction for these guys to go on.....just my haypenny worth......maybe I was just unlucky?

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    • Where I live (away fom "home") - Wrong (my friend before me who's in same job as me is away from home and that came up so maybe he was presuming I was the same)
    Past - He didn't go into it at all, said very little about my past, I don't know why as there's penty to talk about. He did say, where relationships were concerned, I attract f*cken eejits, but many a single woman my age would agree that they also attract f*cken eejits

Age of child - Correct
    Personality - Correct
    Childs personality - Correct (altho I'd imagine a child is either confident or shy so there's a 50/50 chance of getting that one right)
    Situation with childs father - Didn't go into it in any sort of detail, but correct.

Future - Job won't change, more than likely true (but he knew at this stage I was in a stable and secure job which I'd be a fool to leave in the current climate!)
    Future - Hook up with some guy I already know and get married and have two more babies. To be confirmed.
    Future - Both parents will live to old age as will I (hard to believe but to be confirmed)
    Future - He gave me some initials of people, 3 actually. I remember what he said about one but not the other two, he was really rushing me and changing the subject alot so he flitted past subjects really fast.

It felt to me, and thinking about it afterward, like he was trying to say as much as possible to me until he got a response from me and then he'd go into more detail....don't get me wrong, I wasn't holding back, or sitting staring at him blankly, I was giving him some things/reactions to go on, but I just couldn't respond to the stuff he was throwing at me that had no significance to my life or me at all....I even focused before I went in and thought deeply and clearly about the things or people or situations that mattered most to me or that I wanted to hear about.....now I feel like a fool for sitting in the place for 3 hours waiting, for wasting loads of money on petrol and for wasting a days leave from work.....wish I'd have had more sucess with him, but alas I think my visits to fortune tellers/tarot readers and so called "psychics" are well and truly over.

I suppose, all in all, I was disappointed that there wasn't one specific thing that he said to me about my past or present that he couldn't have guessed or chanced or worked out himself, pity as I'd really looked forward to it and hoped he'd flush the skeptic out of me once and for all :(

From listening to others that have been to him, it seems people who have lost someone very close to them get on the best with him and praise him the most. Is this because he's more of a medium that a tarot/palm reader or is it because these people are grieving and easily placated by a supposed few kind words from their dead loved ones. He seems a very caring person and can read people very well in some respects. I believe those who are looking for answers (or loved ones) the most, are those who seem to get their answers, "your mother/brother/friend is happy/is laughing/forgives you" etc.....because people searching for asnwers read between the lines and give alot more emotion/reaction for these guys to go on.....just my haypenny worth......maybe I was just unlucky?

ahhh thats a pity....

i was the same skeptic and still am in relation to the majority of psychics but Billy has proven to me that he is for real...

far too much stuff has happened that he has predicted, right down to specifics and timelines....

that said i do know folk that nowt has happened for and my last reading didnt really happen to be fair but by the by he has been ridiculously accurate for me and im not the type to be gobsmacked by ****e and it took numerous predictions for me to eliminate coincidence and probability from my mind....

I'm soooooooo disappointed it went so badly for me!

He spent 35 minutes with both of my friends who saw him before me, and about 10-15 mins with me. He was due a break (he'd seen others before us and hadn't had a break in hours) and I know he had a tough time with my friend, who was in before me. He had to hug her a few times and stuff, she was crying so much, very emotional visit. (she got all the answers she wanted and is happy though!) :)

He was rushing me, he even grabbed the cards out of my hand as I was shuffling them (I'd hardly shuffled them at all!). He changed the subject so often I was findin it tough going keeping up with all he was saying. Like, for example, he mentioned a new baby (this was WELL into the reading and my bro's wife had a baby on Sunday) So I said "oh my brother...." And he said "no, this is your baby..." So I said "Yeah, I actually have a child" (at this stage I was really p*ssed off coz the reading he'd seemed to give me up until now didn't relate to me in or my situation or life or history in the slightest. I'm a Lone Parent (parenting completely alone, no contact with her father) My daughter was a BIG surprise in my life, ending a very bad/wild period for me and she also changed my life in many ways, you could say she even "is" my life, she's def been my saviour....he didn't pick up on anything to do with her, not even noticing that she existed, until I mentioned her) He said "oh yeah, but he's four or five, I'm not talking about him, I'm talking about a new baby" ... and then I told him "he" was a girl and he explained himself by saying that she came across as a boy because she has such a strong personality, a very strong child etc etc....he went on about her and never mentioned the "new baby" he'd mentioned before. Then he told me I'll get together with the man I'll marry within 10 months, we'll get married and have two kids but I won't have another child until I'm married......so the "new baby" thing was another stab in the dark? There are so many things he touched on but then ended up changing the subject. It's really bugging me wondering what he was going to say about those other things.....I really wish he'd taken a break before I went in to him.

Grrrr -I'm so frustrated. I was really reallly wishing that this guy would have something to pove to me that there are really genuine people in this business........not just making a living out of telling people what they think they want to hear :(

Oh he said there's been alot of grief surrounding me, and he said there's alot of death to come (lovely.....)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

Did you book your appointment, or is it true that you just go in and get a ticket? I'd really like to go to Billy. A few years ago I went to a fortune teller just for the laugh, and she predicted loads of stuff that came true...except for one thing that turned out completely different to what she had said, and I'd like to see if another psychic would pick up on that thing. I can't even tell you who that was one, as she was at Puck Fair in Killorglin:rolleyes: but she knew an awful lot about me that you couldn't pick up from just meeting me, and she predicted so much stuff that came true that I got a huge shock when something happened to me this year that was the exact opposite to what she had predicted. I'd love to see this guy Billy, as a few people have recommended him.

• Advertisement

You have to make an appoaintment (well, we did) And I made an appointment for someone else while I was there and the books seemed very full. I don't think people can generally just show up, although I'm not sure, and if you did, chances are you'd be waiting a long time.

Anyways, we got someone who was down with him a few weeks ago to make our appointment. Even though we had appointment at 3pm, and arrived at 2.50, we still didn't get in for hours as there were 4 people who arrived before us and he took a break aswell in between (luckily we had the budget on in the pub and many cups of tea/coffee to keep us amused while we waited). It's a take-a-ticket, first-come-first-served thing.

If you can get to Mullingar anytime, (or know someone in the area) maybe your best best is to pop into the Yukon pub and make appointment that way, maybe you'd get to see him on the day, I don't know. There is a phone number but no-one can seem to get through, even on Tuesdays. The pub is near Lingis take-away, opposite the Post Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭amz5

Thanks! Your quick response is much appreciated. I'll post about the reading if I end up getting it done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

Billy is at best an entertainer, at worst a conman.

Billy is at best an entertainer, at worst a conman.

You've made my mind up!!

Had mulled over the idea of going back to him (my two friends thought he was amazing!!) but now I'm def not wasting another 60 or 70 quid (with petrol expenses included) going to see someone who will talk a load of crap to me that has no significance to me whatsoever :D

The only reason he kept me for less time than the others was because he knew he was getting nowhere with me fast, I wasn't being sucked in, and I wasn't easily led. He prob thought it best to rush me through the "reading" as quickly as possible and get me out the door fast!!

I make my own fortune and I make my own future, if it's not all that it could have been, it's down to no-one but myself. I don't need anyone to tell me what has happened in the past or my personality for that matter so there's absolutely no point in paying these people to tell you what you already know about yourself or your loved ones, or to predict what is a future that is for changing!

It took me years to figure out what I've just figured out right there :rolleyes:

You've made my mind up!!

Had mulled over the idea of going back to him (my two friends thought he was amazing!!) but now I'm def not wasting another 60 or 70 quid (with petrol expenses included) going to see someone who will talk a load of crap to me that has no significance to me whatsoever :D

The only reason he kept me for less time than the others was because he knew he was getting nowhere with me fast, I wasn't being sucked in, and I wasn't easily led. He prob thought it best to rush me through the "reading" as quickly as possible and get me out the door fast!!

I make my own fortune and I make my own future, if it's not all that it could have been, it's down to no-one but myself. I don't need anyone to tell me what has happened in the past or my personality for that matter so there's absolutely no point in paying these people to tell you what you already know about yourself or your loved ones, or to predict what is a future that is for changing!

It took me years to figure out what I've just figured out right there :rolleyes:

its taken you years to reslise that?? come on....

billy is real....as ive said already im no mug and stuff as happened like clockwork for me....but either way it makes no odds to me who believes what...its a pity he didnt come through for you and you did give valid enough reasons for that...if he didnt "connect" with you last week then you are right not too go back as he probably wont connect with you at all....

you seem fairly hung up on it.....Billy didnt work for you...pity....forget about it....

and for the record all psychics are entertainers....anyone who lives their lives around what a stranger tells them needs help....

[quote=celtic1888;57625265
    billy is real....as ive said already im no mug and stuff as happened like clockwork for me....

anyone who lives their lives around what a stranger tells them needs help....[/quote]

You should check yourself into a mental home then if thats the case.

You should check yourself into a mental home then if thats the case.

:D

Ode to the keyboard hardman....

ill make sure to cry myself to sleep tonight....

must be great to be right all the time:p

celtic1888 wrote: »
    :D

Ode to the keyboard hardman....

ill make sure to cry myself to sleep tonight....

must be great to be right all the time:p

You believe as a fact that another man has knowledge of your future.

You believe as a fact that another man has knowledge of your future.

i never mentioned the word fact...

from my experience serial predictions have happened in a timely manner...

i dont base my life around what he has ever told me but can validate his predictions in hindsight which is weird...and i dont mean stupid generic ****e either....

numerous contact predictions from certain folk that i hadnt heard from in months and had no intention of contacting myself....

predicting the month of my job promotion....

loads of other stuff too....

that said his last read didnt really happen....bits did...

but i dont hang on his every word and dont base my movements to try and make his predictions happen....havnt been to him in months and months and will probably not go back as ive no real need to....

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Lorr

Can someone PM the number please? And which day do you call on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭fakefurbabe

Lorr wrote: »
    Can someone PM the number please? And which day do you call on?

+ Me too! Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭lilyrose

make that three- have been trying to ring the pub but cant get through would greatly appreciate if someone could PM me his number
    thanks

its taken you years to reslise that?? come on....

Well, having decided in Primary school that I was an atheist, I suppose I held onto some belief that true psychics did exist and could predict some sort of future etc.....it did, honestly, take me years to understand, and finally come to the conclusion that they are nothing but chancers, all of them, and body-language/reaction readers, some who are quite good at what they do, in all fairness, but some who are rubbish. It took Billy (who I'd heard great reviews about, how he astonishingly told people things he couldn't have known and predicted things perfectly) to finally make me realise that there's no truth behind these so called "fortune" tellers.

Ok, so this guy got SOME things spot on for SOME people, but you can be damned sure he got far more wrong than right if you really thought about it and remembered every single thing he guessed or threw at you before he nailed it with something that actually mattered to you....that's what it's all about, chancing it, guess work. I've no prob with it if it helps some people, I just don't believe in it at all now and I'm happy with that, if slightly disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Age of child - Correct
    Personality - Correct

That's pretty comprehensive... Wish more people would review their readings with the same rigour. Ta for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Wuggectumondo

Hi everyone,

I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd add my 2 cents. I went to Billy Martin the other day and have to say I was disappointed. I've been to a few fortune tellers so am very open to this kind of thing and came in excited thinking he was the real deal. I'm not saying that he does not have any sort of spiritual gift, but I feel he's a genius expert on personality and perhaps a medium- nobody close to me has died so he had nothing really specific to tell me.

One of my best friends went last week and he gave us almost an identical reading! Like we will live about 50km from where we call "home", we will travel but settle here, he described our personalities, he said our father's side of the family is cold, our love life has been a disaster. Someone on this thread also mentioned that their parents are going to live to old age...

I'm moving to America in a few weeks (big life changing move of course!) and never mentioned that til I said it, cos he was saying I'm going to settle in a little country town here! Then suddnenly he decided to tell me that yes I am going to travel alot in the next 3 years. Although he described my past emotions, there were not really specific predictions- that he hadn't told anyone else!!!

Go for the craic I guess, but don't let the reading bother you...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

i never mentioned the word fact...

from my experience serial predictions have happened in a timely manner...

i dont base my life around what he has ever told me but can validate his predictions in hindsight which is weird...and i dont mean stupid generic ****e either....

numerous contact predictions from certain folk that i hadnt heard from in months and had no intention of contacting myself....

predicting the month of my job promotion....

loads of other stuff too....

that said his last read didnt really happen....bits did...

but i dont hang on his every word and dont base my movements to try and make his predictions happen....havnt been to him in months and months and will probably not go back as ive no real need to....

Wait a sec..Are u billy martin's publicist? :D

Or manager/sister/accountant? :p

microgirl wrote: »
    Two girls in work and a friend of theirs went for the craic a couple of weeks ago. They'd be pretty skeptical about this kind of thing. One of them in fact would be very skeptical about this kind of thing.

They were completely and utterly freaked out by the experience. They said it was INcredible! He knew exactly wat was going on, without a one of them opening their mouths. He generally doesn't give you time to say anything. It's go in, sit down "Hi I'm Billy, you must be Anne. Shuffle the cards there for me and give them over to me" *deal cards* and then continuous commentary from Billy for 15 minutes or however long.

They said he was bone-chillingly accurate, and knew things he couldn't possibly have known, not even from subtle charlatan guesswork and reading of faces etc.

Completely mind-blowing.

And like I said, these are highly intelligent and educated girl, medical scientists, who were going for the craic and would not be the type to easily be taken in by a fraud.

I'm certainly planning on making an appointment, if I can get up to Mullingar to do so :)

No no. Are YOU billy martin's publicist/sister/accountant/manager? :pac:

Wait a sec..Are u billy martin's publicist? :D

Yes, yes i am:p:D

people look for reviews and i posted mine, i really couldnt care less about what anyone elses thinks to be honest and if you want to poke fun that what are you doing on this forum:rolleyes:

incidently, i found Catherine Woods rubbish, Eddie Christian not the best and that Grainnie girl rubbish too...

so im not all about glorifying these folk:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭tormented

I was thinking of going to Billy Martin but after reading all of the above I most definetly will not! You just have to take it all with a pinch of a salt and treat it as a lighthearted affair. That said, my mam went to see Catherine Woods, OMG 60eur for 20 mins of complete rubbish and charging 60eur for the privilege-I should have talked my mam out of it:rolleyes:

Advertisement