Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billy in Mullingar?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

celtic1888 wrote: »
    Yes, yes i am:p:D

people look for reviews and i posted mine

Ya, I suppose itd be good if more people would post their reviews or experiences w/ whoever they see. Some people do write reviews but the detail isn't great.
    i really couldnt care less about what anyone elses thinks to be honest and if you want to poke fun that what are you doing on this forum:rolleyes:

Well theres a hell of a lot of threads on here other than this one on yer man in Mullingar.
    Eddie Christian not the best and that Grainnie girl rubbish too

Dont know about that Grainne one. Havent even heard of her. From what I've read bout Christian,he sounds like a colourful yoke who talks more sh!te than sense and is spot on about the present but crap on the future of people.
    so im not all about glorifying these folk:pac:

Ya, well it's healthy not to 'big up' any of these fortune tellers/psychics. Like,I'd have more respect for a heart surgeon,animal rescue worker, or a paramedic. I wouldn't go around treatin any of these psychics like rock stars because they dont deserve it. If they really are doing it for 'the greater good',then they shouldnt give a duck's f*ck about preferential treatment or 'yes. psyhcic, yes psychic,three bags full, psychic' la-di-da. Never met billy Martin so based on what people ere have been sayin about him, he just seems 2 churn out the readings without doin any circus act shenanigans. Fair nuff.

celtic1888 wrote: »
    people look for reviews and i posted mine

What I find hilarious is when u have a thread where the OP asks how other people got on w/ 'psychic so and so' and, after about three proper replies that r relevant 2 the original Q, about a dozen desperate sounding people come on posting,"PLEEEEEASE PM THEIR NUMBER!!" or 'DOES ANY1 HAVE 'blahablah''s NUMBER? PLEASE PM ME!'.

:pac: :pac: :pac:

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭LCDeelite

l3LoWnA wrote: »
    ... Past - He didn't go into it at all, said very little about my past, I don't know why as there's plenty to talk about. He did say, where relationships were concerned, I attract f*ckin eejits, but many a single woman my age would agree that they also attract f*cken eejits...

Ah yeah, in all fairness, the same could be said of any young single woman being a magnet for f*ckin' eejits. This would generally be far more applicable to young women than young men, as older women tend to have more maturity not to chance nabbing younger men. Any young woman I know - 17 to 24 - views the 30+ blokes as old and just chancers preying on them in the hope of getting a few rides. So, any 'psychic' would be spot-on in saying, "You attract f*ckin eejits" to a single young woman. Pretty generalised really and easily applicable to any young woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ChristmasFairy

Please please don't waste your money on this guy. i went to see him last week after waiting for an apointment for over 3 months. I went along with an open mind and hoping to have some fun if nothing else.
    He got everything wrong almost straight away - very similiar to what others have posted here - my love life is a disaster etc, father's side of the family are cold and distant...he said I've had 2 family deaths in the last year, not true. After a while I had to correct him as none of it made any sense for me - I'm very happily married for one thing! And when I corrected him on the deaths he said well it must be in the family of a friend of yours then. He kept going on about a relationship from 4 years ago that just doesn't exist - even when I corrected him on this he said are you sure (??). I think from then on he wasn't happy that I questioning him and started to imply that my relationship would fall apart and if this did happen I could always go back and live with my parents. He contradicted himself several times about other things and after 15 minutes I was in tears with his insistence that I don't know how to relate to people or be in a relationship properly. I shouldn't have paid him, but I did because I wanted to get the hell out of there.

If you are going to go and see him, you will have a much better reading if you are compliant, agree with everything he says and don't correct him. Not a nice person at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭Wuggectumondo

If you are going to go and see him, you will have a much better reading if you are compliant, agree with everything he says and don't correct him. Not a nice person at all.

I wouldn't recommend going if you're in a bad state emotionally. I went during a bad time in my life and I got ripped apart by him and one of my mum's friends ran out of the place crying after only a few mins. What sort of way is that to treat people? I've been to other fortune tellers who have given me great, useful guidance in a gentle way- there is no need for him to be so arrogant

• Advertisement

He got everything wrong almost straight away - very similiar to what others have posted here - my love life is a disaster

I saw this guy with a few friends before and he told one of them (an 18-year-old girl): "Your love life has been a disaster". When she pointed out that her love life had been practically non-existent up to then, he then went, "Oh but that's what I meant". Fool.

I think from then on he wasn't happy that I questioning him

Yeah we found the exact same thing. He got very f-cking saucy with three of us who had gone in separately and started correcting him or when we just asked him to elaborate further on a few points or whatever

[/quote] If you are going to go and see him, you will have a much better reading if you are compliant, agree with everything he says and don't correct him. Not a nice person at all.[/quote]

Yeah he's actually a bit of a prick to be honest with you. We were sitting out in the bar waiting for him and he came swanning through the door like a thing out of a Jay-Z video and looked over at us the way a health and safety inspector would survey the kitchen of a Chinese takeaway. He didn't even say hello or feck all, just sort of summoned one of us to go with him through the door on your right. It was the grey-haired fella behind the bar (seemed like the owner) who was doing most of the talking and being helpful and hospitable.
    I wouldn't recommend going if you're in a bad state emotionally. I went during a bad time in my life and I got ripped apart by him and one of my mum's friends ran out of the place crying after only a few mins. What sort of way is that to treat people? I've been to other fortune tellers who have given me great, useful guidance in a gentle way- there is no need for him to be so arrogant

Yeah he managed to really piss off one of the lads and he upset the girl whose love life he said was a disaster,amongst other things. I wouldnt bother my hole going back to him in this lifetime anyway. Been there. Done that. Unimpressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Soul Cake Duck

For the Op…(I’m not trying to come across arrogant only providing the evidence for the other side of the debate)

It’s all the luck of the draw...he'll fire things at you and await a reaction and exaggerate on that. There are numerous books/videos of people demonstrating these learned linguistic 'talents' people and it explains it in great detail. We could all become a fortune teller tomorrow if we so wished but I don't particularly feel the need to exploit people in such a horrible invasive manner.

He is a clip for the op if you wanted to watch it, one where Derren Brown explains his take on cold reading to Richard Dawkins...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xswt8B8-UTM&feature=PlayList&p=55A986E56B106611&index=0&playnext=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 tryinmybest

I know this is a very old thread but some late night googling led me here! went to Billy last night. I must say, it was one of the most enjoyable evenings I've had in years! Myself and a friend travelled to see him, neither of us are 'believers' but said we'd go for the fun!
    Now, i'm really not a believer, and I still dont believe but he got some things about my recent past FREAKISHLY right! He knew about a recent break up and said that in no way am I to go near him again, a very bad egg indeed. Also said I have a big wild streak in me thats going to come out over the Christmas! Mad!
    So nothing ground breaking came from Billy but I left with a huge smile on my face and laughed all the way home! Well worth the visit!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Patsprat

I know this is a very old thread but some late night googling led me here! went to Billy last night. I must say, it was one of the most enjoyable evenings I've had in years! Myself and a friend travelled to see him, neither of us are 'believers' but said we'd go for the fun!
    Now, i'm really not a believer, and I still dont believe but he got some things about my recent past FREAKISHLY right! He knew about a recent break up and said that in no way am I to go near him again, a very bad egg indeed. Also said I have a big wild streak in me thats going to come out over the Christmas! Mad!
    So nothing ground breaking came from Billy but I left with a huge smile on my face and laughed all the way home! Well worth the visit!
    so let us all know about your Christmas Please haha sounds like a good time
    lots of bad eggs out there
    merry Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

I went to see Billy a good few years ago.

He was freakishly accurate with my past. He was able to tell me things that nobody could tell from looking at me. He freaked me out so much, I couldn't take it and left crying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 tryinmybest

Patsprat wrote: »
    so let us all know about your Christmas Please haha sounds like a good time
    lots of bad eggs out there
    merry Christmas

I will indeed! Watch this space! :D

Advertisement