Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re: Tesco and Dunnes Prices

Options
  • 04-10-2008 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,

Does anyone know if Tesco and Dunnes items are standardised in their main shops around Dublin? I'm wondering if Dunnes in Ranalegh is more expensive / cheaper than St. Stephen's green or Talbot street, etc.

Thanks,
    Burmo.

P.S. If there is a more appropriate forum please point it out as I had a good look.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

as far as can tell its different depending on the location, theres a newer dunnes across the street from me and its more expensive than the older, shabbier one in town

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I would be very surprised if a large organisation like Dunnes or Tesco did not have standardised prices across all items. The logistics of keeping different prices in different stores would cost more than the profit to be gained.

Having said that I have never shopped in a Tesco metro so I don't know if these smaller stores have prices more akin to Spar and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

There's no Dunnes in Ranelagh, just Rathmines.

But i've never noticed any difference in pricing between stores and I shop in Superquinn and M&S mostly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

It's North Earl Street, not Talbot Street. I thought it was gone? Maybe just the drapery closed down so.

Advertisement