Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Has the theory test gone up to 80 questions?

Options
  • 04-10-2008 4:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭

Well i heard a few people i know saying this and Iv been putting off booking it till i find out if it is 80 and whether or not i can use my 40 questions CD of i have to buy a new one,
    Can anyone shed some light on this please,Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭DancingDaisy

Unsure about the number of Questions on the test increasing, I sat my test in June and it was still the 40 questions, however, according to the official Driver Theory Test website, there is a new book and disk available.

"The latest version of the Official Driver Theory Test Book and CD (Third Edition Blue Cover) is now available. This should be used from 1 September 2008 to prepare for driver theory test exams. It contains the full list of the current exam questions and answers".

http://www.dtts.ie/english/news.php

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

The theory test is still only 40 questions. However, the number of questions that can be asked has increased, so it'd be best to have the most up to date cd/book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

The theory test is still only 40 questions. However, the number of questions that can be asked has increased, so it'd be best to have the most up to date cd/book.

OK cheers for that!
    Will start studying and book the test!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

any idea when the cd changed? I think my CD is about a year old.

Sorry just read the above quote

"The latest version of the Official Driver Theory Test Book and CD (Third Edition Blue Cover) is now available. This should be used from 1 September 2008 to prepare for driver theory test exams. It contains the full list of the current exam questions and answers".

ahhhhhhhh i have my test on monday and ive been doing the 2nd ed cd! is there much stuff changed for the moped test do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 mefain

Ricky91t wrote: »
    Well i heard a few people i know saying this and Iv been putting off booking it till i find out if it is 80 and whether or not i can use my 40 questions CD of i have to buy a new one,
    Can anyone shed some light on this please,Thanks

You must answer 40 questions and successfully answer a minimum of 35 to pass. There is a greater bank of questions to choose from but the format is the same. The rumour you hear about 80 questions is with regard to a section of part 1 of the theory test for ADI applicants and is carried out in the local theory test centres by the RSA but is only applicable to current driving instructors wishing to be recognised by the RSA, or people wishing to take up driving instruction as a career. TIP: Read the questions very carefully and note if they require more than 1 answer. Where there are illustrated situation and you are asked to choose the correct answer/s, SAY WHAT YOU SEE ie look very carefully at the picture to see the answer. GOOD LUCK

• Advertisement
Advertisement