Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Folder sharing issues

• 04-10-2008 4:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭

I'm running Vista 32-bit on 2 laptops and one HTPC in the house and have a Windows Home Server also. The laptops connect to my network wirelessly (I have a Linksys WRT55AG router I think) and the HTPC and server are connected to my CAT5e network.

Some of my folder shares work perfectly, but with others there are problems I can't figure out and I don't see any difference in the setup.

For example, on the HTPC I right click the folder and select Share, then Permissions and then type in Everyone. I'm not concerned much about security as if someone manages to get by my router security I don't have much vital data I'd miss. So I want to make all shares available to anyone with access to my network.

What's the best way to do this? For example, if I want to give access to FolderA on the HTPC to all users of LaptopA, what do I do in the Permissions window when I click Share on FolderA?

I thought adding LaptopA\Everyone would have done the trick but it won't accept it as its not in the HTPC domain.

Advertisement