Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 problem

• 04-10-2008 7:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭

Hi all, have a problem with my nokia n95 am hoping someone can help me with.

Long story short my o2 bill pay account was put on hold due to non payment (im a student so money is of course tight as a ducks arsé :p ) and i called them and said i would pay at the end of the month and they knocked me back on again.

All well and good except now when i get text messages (phonecalls both to and from me are fine) the phone doesnt beep nor does it say "1 message received/ 1 new message" etc its only when i go into the inbox that i see there is a new message (though it does have the little envelope icon beside the keylock icon when phone is on screensaver)

Anyone experience this or have any help? I put the sim in a different phone and sent myself a message and got it straight away and it beeped so it is the phone at fault or its as a result of the gettin cut off. And if i restore factory settings on the handset it will wipe everything wont it? I mean i can remove the memory card but whatever is on the phone will be gone yeah?

Sorry its long, thanks for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Its your phone thats the problem! Not o2, which N95 is it the first one which is silver or the 2nd one with 8gb which should be black??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Its the silver one with a 1gb micro sd card in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

I found the answer after searching (which i shoulda done in the first place mea culpa) so will post it here in case anyone else has the problem

1) go to Messaging > Options > Settings > Other
    2) Switch Memory in use to the other option:
    >>> if Memory in use is Phone Memory.. Switch to Memory Card
    >>> If Memory in use is Memory Card.. Switch to Phone Memory
    3) It will ask you if you want to copy all messages: No need for that -so simply No-.
    4) Turn off your phone.
    5) Turn it back on.

It should be working now..
    If you want to switch back to your old "Memory in use Option" you can switch it back and it will work fine.

Advertisement