Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worlds Richest Club v Liverpool thread

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I never once doubted that we were gonna win.

At half time, Iwent out to get food.
    A guy in the street asked me what the score was, cause I had the jersey on.
    when I told him 2-0, he was pissed, but I just told him not to worry, we'd win it.

We were the better team.

I knew we'd win.

So did I. Even went so far as to log on to betfair to throw a swift tenner on it at 17s. I bottled it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

anyone know if a liverpool player touched the ball through for SWP for the first city goal because if not he was miles offside. it looked liked jo passed it to SWP who was hugging the goal-line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

Xavi6 wrote: »
    So did I. Even went so far as to log on to betfair to throw a swift tenner on it at 17s. I bottled it though.

City just have to get theyre bllance right, and they'll be a scarry team to play against.
    The amount of points of attack will be staggering.

They're just not quite there yet, and Liverpool didn't loose their heads, so I was confident.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

gernon wrote: »
    Just confirmed Skrtel has damaged his posterior cruciate ligament so lengthy time out looks on cards :(

Not necessarily, Wesley Snejider was back as a sub last night after 5 weeks out with cruciate ligament injury. It's not the Anterior Cruciate which would be a problem...

From what I've seen of the game, it was a well-deserved win with City scoring two against run of play chances, only for Liverpool to force home their dominance in the second half with goals. Regardless of red cards, of all the strikers in European Football to let go unmarked from a corner 6m out, it isn't Torres. Man-to-man marking eh :D

Riera is making a big difference to Kuyt and his positioning in the box this season. Pity with this much improved overall game, his finishing is still woeful.

City looked like the side they were before the hype..losing to Fulham 2-0 up at half time and 8-1 to Middlesbrough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

according to Tony Barrett, Skrtel (really have to learn how to spell his name!) walked from the dressing room unaided and not on crutches.

hopefully it may not be as bad as people are fearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

i think it is, did the club not release a statement today saying its ligament damage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,310 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

rossie1977 wrote: »
    anyone know if a liverpool player touched the ball through for SWP for the first city goal because if not he was miles offside. it looked liked jo passed it to SWP who was hugging the goal-line

Sure for the sitter that Robinho missed he was offside to but the linesman did not flag

prendy wrote: »
    i think it is, did the club not release a statement today saying its ligament damage?

yea but dont think they said how long he'd be out for, cases vary a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

Mr Alan wrote: »
    yea but dont think they said how long he'd be out for, cases vary a lot.

im no expert (as ye all know) but i reckon we wont see him before February at the earliest. I hope i'm wrong.

who will we have on the bench in the CL as hyypia isnt in the squad?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

im no expert (as ye all know) but i reckon we wont see him before February at the earliest. I hope i'm wrong.

Arbeloa as cover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

I think Alonso could cover CB for us. He’s good on the ball, reads the game well and is a great tackler.:D Well maybe not a great tackler… Can you imagine the amount of dangerous free’s would come from Xabi playing closer to our goals than he already is. :eek:

Could be a bit worrying to have so little cover for CB in the CL. Arbeloa could do it if necessary but would hate if it came to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

according to Tony Barrett, Skrtel (really have to learn how to spell his name!) walked from the dressing room unaided and not on crutches.

hopefully it may not be as bad as people are fearing.

i wouldnt mind that unfortunately, a mate of mine did his cruciate and he walked around a for a few days before he saw the physio.
    its usually as soon as you turn the knee that the pain is there, but none of us know until we he gets more scans done

cool.

welcome back! long time no see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I'm pretty sure that SSN said a few mins ago that it is expected to be weeks (and presumably, not months). 6 weeks would be my guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

mike65 wrote: »
    Torres missed a total sitter (worse than Kuyts in my view) and Kuyt scored the winner, there you go and its why foortball is mad Ted. Riera is a winger Kuyt is not so you get that gap in technique, Rafa plays Kuyt for other reasons.

Mike

Thats a pretty fair assessment. Kuyt as everyone know "works hard" but is not a right winger, where he is useful is coming in for crosses from the left and harrassing the defence where he is useless is crossing, turing his man and his first touch can be cat.

In fairness to the man his scoring in Europe is good so id play him there only, maybe he's a bit of a luis garcia?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

On a side note, I thought football365's headline on the Skrtel injury was pretty funny.

Mrtn Skrtel Dmges Lgmnts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Archimedes wrote: »
    On a side note, I thought football365's headline on the Skrtel injury was pretty funny.

Mrtn Skrtel Dmges Lgmnts

Yeah that was brilliant alright :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

cool.

welcome back! long time no see

away on holidays i was

Advertisement