Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worlds Richest Club v Liverpool thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol what a free kick!!!1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Fair played to City. Playing Liverpool at their own game and doing it better.

What is happening to the pool?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

good decision there by benitez...seems xabi and mascherano are doing class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭slingerz

gerrard has been ****e

• Advertisement

They haven't been allowed play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

nothing, they put out a team thats done them well over the last 8/9 months:D

they're just been outclassed...

good decision there by benitez...seems xabi and mascherano are doing class.

They are. We have been retaining possession quite well..

The problem is that Gerard and Torres aren't doing scratch all..

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Well they're on opposite sides of the pitch so.....

who's the full bak that riera is up against he's the only pool player looking like creating something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

City playing very well. Liverpool not playing too badly, but their final ball has been poor. Riera is playing fantastic though. Kuyt has been very poor, as has Torres. Arbeloa has made a few bad mistakes also..and Gerrard has been anonymous.

Rafa has to change to something like this about 10 minutes into the second half.

Torres---Keane
    Riera
    Babel
    Masch--Gerrard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

They are. We have been retaining possession quite well..

The problem is that Gerard and Torres aren't doing scratch all..

1+

Alonso in particular has been liverpools best player along with Riera, everyone else seem anonymous.

keane for Kuyt?

slingerz wrote: »
    who's the full bak that riera is up against he's the only pool player looking like creating something

Zabaleta. And he's playing quality now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well, what to do? Kuyt could have scored two. Keane will have to come on if only to give the City defence more to do and someone, like Gerrard sacrificed.

Mike

Tusky wrote: »
    City playing very well. Liverpool not playing badly, but their final ball has been poor. Riera is playing fantastic though. Kuyt has been very poor, as has Torres. Arbeloa has made a few bad mistakes also.

Rafa has to change to something like this about 10 minutes into the second half.

Torres---Keane
    Riera
    Babel
    Masch--Gerrard

yup

but it'll be 55 mins to late

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Kuyt and Aurelio most at fault for the score-line.

Why oh why do we persist with Dirk Kuyt?? The guy unbalances the team and kills our attacks so much it's not funny. And my grandmother would be more of a goal-threat in the league than he is.

As for Aurelio - Why pay 7 million for Dossena and never play him? Madness.

And why is Robbie Keane dropped for this game?

Benitez hasn't a clue in the league.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

ntlbell wrote: »
    yup

but it'll be 55 mins to late

Watch football much?

Alonso is one of Liverpools good players today he cant be taken off. As I've said all year Gerrard should be wide right and it shouldnt matter whether or not he wants to play there or not. Keane needs to be up around Torres to occupy a centre half anyway.

Babel is another option from the bench. I'd much prefer Agger to be picking up Robinho than Skrtel too to be honest

Stick Gerard out on the right and put Keane beside or in hole hole behind Torres..

Wouldn't object to seeing Babel on for Kuyt either.

We don't need a grafter now. We need that extra bit of quality.

spockety wrote: »
    Watch football much?

He is an over excitable kid..

• Advertisement

Ardent wrote: »

Why oh why do we persist with Dirk Kuyt?? The guy unbalances the team and kills our attacks so much it's not funny. And my grandmother would be more of a goal-threat in the league than he is.

careful now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

he's started 5 epl games, i think you are the who is clueless:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭bUILDERtHEbOB

How does he not have a clue in the league?

Haha, some good reactionary stuff there.

Dossena has not looked as good as Aurelio, a 7m price hardly brings with it a 'must start' tag for any team in the top 4! It is a pittance to pay for a player.

Keane is dropped to make way for Mascherano. It is an away game against a top quality side, and Masch is needed for games like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I really don't get Rafa dropping Keane, if ever you want to play a striker its after he has got his first goal. I truely believe Rafa is holding the Liverpool team back from really going for a title challenge, best Champions league manager around but never going to win the title

I really hope we don't get tired and keep up this intensity......

Keane is dropped to make way for Mascherano. It is an away game against a top quality side, and Masch is needed for games like this.

so drop kyut?

play stevie on the right?

la la la la....

watch football much?

Villain wrote: »
    I really don't get Rafa dropping Keane, if ever you want to play a striker its after he has got his first goal. I truely believe Rafa is holding the Liverpool team back from really going for a title challenge, best Champions league manager around but never going to win the title

Well he did say at his press conference the other day , "I have no intention of attempting to win the league. It is a shoddy trophy, I rate it lower than the Carling Cup! We will go out in every game with the intention of drawing 0-0. I believe that 38 points will be sufficient this season".

Haha, some good reactionary stuff there.

Dossena has not looked as good as Aurelio, a 7m price hardly brings with it a 'must start' tag for any team in the top 4! It is a pittance to pay for a player.

dropping keane just after he scored his first goal is a bit silly though. He needed the opportunity to build on that. Kuyt is a worker in fairness and does pop up in big games but he really creates nothing and slows the play down

• Advertisement

I defo reckon that ye will get tired as ye are playing at an insanely high pace. Whether we will be too wrecked to take advantage though is another thing.

ntlbell wrote: »
    so drop kyut?

play stevie on the right?

la la la la....

watch football much?

Yeah, I watch a fair bit thanks. So far this season I have seen Liverpool get 14 points from their first 6 matches, including an away derby and a victory over the Champions. Off to a flyer in the Champions League as well. I'm absolutely f*****g delighted. If Liverpool lose today, I will not lose any sleep over it, we are in a great position.

I watch enough football to know that even with 10 minutes to go, anything can happen. It is never 'too late' , as you seem to think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

anyone finding the ustream keeps cutting out?

Thats the fear for Man City fans. It is a really good performance for them and Ireland is showing why the Rep. of Ireland need him to get over his problem with international football. Man City showing a good attacking threat with Wright Phillips, Robinho and Jo really stretching Liverpool at times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

http://static.mogulus.com/grid/PlayerV2.swf?channel=cricketalk

this has been fairly steady but the quality has been as good as liverpools defence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Anyone else got a test card?

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

quarryman wrote: »

Its on Star Sports, which is available on SopCast, TVU Player etc. if thats any good to you.

I defo reckon that ye will get tired as ye are playing at an insanely high pace. Whether we will be too wrecked to take advantage though is another thing.

I can see Didi and Gelson getting warm if it stays this way. Maybe Petrov as well as an outlet down the left.

Yeah, I watch a fair bit thanks. So far this season I have seen Liverpool get 14 points from their first 6 matches, including an away derby and a victory over the Champions. Off to a flyer in the Champions League as well. I'm absolutely f*****g delighted. If Liverpool lose today, I will not lose any sleep over it, we are in a great position.

I watch enough football to know that even with 10 minutes to go, anything can happen. It is never 'too late' , as you seem to think.

and if the league was ran over 6 matches I'd give you a round of applause.

The previous results have nothing to do with the very bad descions he's made today

but thankfully

it's as you were

Every now and again. Seems to coincide with corners for me :|

ok this stream is unwatchable, anyone got a good one?

• Advertisement

How does he not have a clue in the league?

The biggest problems regarding Benitez as I see it:

He gets rid of Finnan in the summer who was our best right back. Spends 7 million on a left back and rarely plays him, persists with Aurelio. OUr fullbacks must be the worst in the league.

Persists with Dirk Kuyt who's a non-entity going forward and routinely costs us points in the league.

PAys over 11 for million Babel and never starts him. 20 million for Keane (which was a mad price) and plays him every other game.

He hasn't demonstrated any capacity to learn in the English league IMO, he's more suited to the continental game.

Every now and again. Seems to coincide with corners for me :|

not missing much then...

ok this stream is unwatchable, anyone got a good one?

I'm watching it here and it's quite good:
    http://www.ustream.tv/videoplayerpopup/channel/310759

Doesn't look like any changes at the break

I can see Didi and Gelson getting warm if it stays this way. Maybe Petrov as well as an outlet down the left.

I think Hamann would be a bad thing for ye. He is a quality player but he has lost alot of pace and I think we could capitalise on that a little bit more.

If ye can keep SWP, Robinho, Ireland and Elano playing like they are, we haven't a chance of pulling it back unless we get a really lucky goal.

Ultimate respect to City though. They are giving us very little upfront.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭~Marky~

Great stream here http://www.justin.tv/socluis90 :D

He gets rid of Finnan in the summer who was our best right back. Spends 7 million on a left back and rarely plays him, persists with Aurelio. OUr fullbacks must be the worst in the league.

whats the point in coming to a discussion board if you ignore everyones but your own...

Dossena has started 5/7 pl games, get your facts riight....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

As I've said before, the problem with Rafa isn't that he rotates, its that he rotates poorly at the wrong times.

---

Looked a penalty to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

The biggest problems regarding Benitez as I see it:

Persists with Dirk Kuyt who's a non-entity going forward and routinely costs us points in the league.

PAys over 11 for million Babel and never starts him. 20 million for Keane (which was a mad price) and plays him every other game.

He hasn't demonstrated any capacity to learn in the English league IMO, he's more suited to the continental game.

45 mins to go mate. lets hope babel AS AN IMPACT SUB will make a difference ;)

I'm watching it here and it's quite good:
    http://www.ustream.tv/videoplayerpopup/channel/310759

that's the one that ain't working for me. maybe my 3mb line just ain't cutting it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement