Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worlds Richest Club v Liverpool thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

what a fcuking result.. woo hoo..

people who are suggesting that skytels injury is karma sicken me, the guys sustained a serious injury and all you can say is he deserves it.
    he should have been booked for the tackle on jo, no red card just a booking. It's hardly his fault the the ref didn't book him.

Zabayleta's tackle was a dirty one. Worse than the tackle from Cahill last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Because he gives 110% effort and when he scores it matters. You can jog on also.

ah come off it big man

he's awful

even when he's on the wing he gets caught off side more than torres LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Where's your thanks button :D
    In a dark place with City's win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Xavi6 wrote: »
    And you were fucking shite in the first half. Needed the helping hand of the ref to get back in it.

Ah, dont be bitter. Man City played very well in the first half, Liverpool played very well in the second. Both sides defended terribly at times. 3-2 is a fair result.

Skrtels challenge, it was a definite yellow but never a red.

In regards to Liverpool needing a helping hand from the ref...err, it was a definite red card offense. Also, it was 2-2 and 10v10 when Liverpool scored the third wasnt it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭slingerz

Boggles wrote: »
    Ankle out through the sock. Nasty.

Did you see that? If so, thats a nasty injury. I know all about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

****ing Dee..lighted.

I believe someone just threw a gauntlet...mind yourselves :)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

And you were fucking shite in the first half. Needed the helping hand of the ref to get back in it.

that is just not true, we had most of the ball in first half and city played us on the break. got a lucky bounce of the ball for first goal and poor defending from us from a free kick for second.

face it, city are ok going forward but rubbish at the back. nothing to do with the ref.

You went to 10 men when Kuyt had been hacked down by Dunne and we weren't given a clear peno, and we had already gotten one back also. The got second in a heartbeat from a corner, nothing to do with 10 men.

****ty way to lose a game after being 2 up at home, we can all understand that but keep a bit of perspective.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Ref? robbed us of a penalty - talking nonsense
    If Zabaleta's was a red then so was Skrtel's. as dirty as each other.

Could so easily of broken Xabi's leg found it hard to watch - i'm sorry but you're just making up excuses - I'm sure you're delighted that skrtle's will probably miss the rest of the season anyway
    Fucking cheated out of it

You were in now way cheated - you were simply rolled over and shown up as the little nothing team that ye are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

A red card changed the game no?

Yes and it was a deserved red card so not sure the of the point you are trying to make?? Skretel's was never a red.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,716 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

slingerz wrote: »
    Did you see that? If so, thats a nasty injury. I know all about it!

Commentator said it, not confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Plenty of talking points, main one being Skretel on Jo.

Don't know if it was intentional - but certainly hurt.

If Jo had of stayed on, at least City would have an out ball, instead of lumping it nowhere.

City were brilliant in the 1st half, really forced Liverpool to play a a more loose game style.

City shouldn't have lost, and in fairness - a few more months, more time to gel - and less naiviety from Hughes and the players, they'll close out a 2-0 game.

ibh wrote: »
    people who are suggesting that skytels injury is karma sicken me, the guys sustained a serious injury and all you can say is he deserves it.

the challenge was absolute reckless and dirty when your reckless with others you shouldn't expect any sympathy from others

Oh rly? :rolleyes: If Dunne had of done that to Torres you'd be baying for blood.

It was an absolutely blatant red card - I wouldn't be surprised if he gets an extended ban - disgrace of a tackle and if you can't admit that then I think you know where to go

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

I think what this thread really shows us is the danger in using the portion of the match played so far to back up your opinion on why Benitez is rubbish, Liverpool are rubbish, player X is rubbish, etc.

90 minutes makes a match, watching Liverpool of all teams on a regular basis should make you realise that!

Oh rly? :rolleyes: If Dunne had of done that to Torres you'd be baying for blood.

I wasn't even baying for blood when Zabletta tried to break Alonsos ankle.

red card didn't change the game as much as you are trying to let on.

• Advertisement

Fucking cheated out of it

come on xavi, you were not cheated out of anything. Yea liverpool were sh'te in the first half and city were good. But second half, city were rubbish.
    Skrtels tackle was reckless but never a red card.

Some very bitter people on here. Look forward to a fair match report from ntlbell who seemed to be posting very prominently while Liverpool were behind!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

copacetic wrote: »
    that is just not true, we had most of the ball in first half and city played us on the break. got a lucky bounce of the ball for first goal and poor defending from us from a free kick for second.

face it, city are ok going forward but rubbish at the back. nothing to do with the ref.

You went to 10 men when Kuyt had been hacked down by Dunne and we weren't given a clear peno, and we had already gotten one back also. The got second in a heartbeat from a corner, nothing to do with 10 men.

****ty way to lose a game after being 2 up at home, we can all understand that but keep a bit of perspective.

Plenty of perspective.

We were 2 up against a team that consisted of Aurelio and Kuyt and couldn't finish the job. Ridiculous on our part.

However, to laud Liverpool's comeback as some sort of Istanbul revisited is ridiculous.

At least Keane didn't score I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Because he gives 110% effort and when he scores it matters. You can jog on also.

Not good enough for me. He should have scored three in that game. Any other player in his place would have put a couple away with the chances he was presented with today.

He's an ideal choice when you need a bruiser in midfield away from home, like the recent Merseyside derby for example. But in most other games, he hinders the team and keeps far superior players out of the team.

mayordenis wrote: »
    It was an absolutely blatant red card - I wouldn't be surprised if he gets an extended ban - disgrace of a tackle and if you can't admit that then I think you know where to go

Can you show where I said it wasn't a red card?

I said if it was a red then so was Skrtel's assault that forced Jo off the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

good match..
    skrtels injury didn't look too good..skrtels he didn't deserve a red at all it was a yellow.
    Zabayleta's tackle was a definite red, didn't think so at first but after seein the replay it was a definate red..
    Liverpool did really good to come back and if they keep that sort of play up they will be a serious threat..
    feel sorry for city but the defending was shocking

• Advertisement

Plenty of perspective.

We were 2 up against a team that consisted of Aurelio and Kuyt and couldn't finish the job. Ridiculous on our part.

However, to laud Liverpool's comeback as some sort of Istanbul revisited is ridiculous.

who is saying that? my only issue is you claiming you were cheated out of it.

Can you show where I said it wasn't a red card?

I said if it was a red then so was Skrtel's assault that forced Jo off the field.

you said you were cheated out of it and that the red changed the game - as if to say the undeserved red - why else would you mention it changing the game.

assault??
    it was a kick in the arse and should of came with a yellow card - it's nothing more than that a kick in the arse- you're acting like a child

Plenty of perspective.

I think you need to take a step back and breathe before posting again.

Liverpool consisted of Aurelio and Kuyt? Please!

You left out Reina, Carra, Skrtel, Mascherano, Alonso, Gerrard, and Torres. All CLASS players.

It is well harsh as a fan to watch a loss like that (as a Liverpool fan we have seen many), but christ, at least lose with some modicum of graciousness.

ntlbell wrote: »
    the challenge was absolute reckless and dirty when your reckless with others you shouldn't expect any sympathy from others

not expecting sympaty. Think it shows a distinct lack of class though to suggest he had it coming when he's clearly suffered a terrible injury.

You'd think Skrtel headbutted Jo the way people are going on.

who is saying that? my only issue is you claiming you were cheated out of it.

Well one incident resulted in a red card the other didn't despite them being as as bad as each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

xavi6 - your just bitter, grow up and take it on the chin, ye disappered in the 2nd half.

Ntbell - your just trolling

It show good character from the pool to do this, well done.

Kuyt is still useless.

Torres while quite scores 2 cant complain.

Id say skertel pulled ankle ligaments sore job 7-10 weeks iirc

Good season so far:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

mayordenis wrote: »
    you said you were cheated out of it and that the red changed the game - as if to say the undeserved red - why else would you mention it changing the game.

assault??
    it was a kick in the arse and should of came with a yellow card - it's nothing more than that a kick in the arse- you're acting like a child

+1

Next it will be "attempted murder by skrtel on jo goes unpunished!"

Enter the Daggar

yayamark wrote: »
    xavi6 - your just bitter, grow up and take it on the chin, ye disappered in the 2nd half.

Bitter my bollox. If you don't want City fans giving their opinion then go off to your little Pool love in thread.

Well one incident resulted in a red card the other didn't despite them being as as bad as each other.

They were not as bad as each other. The tackle on Alonso could have been unbelievably bad if Alonso's foot was firm to the ground. Would have been one of those ankle out the socks jobbies.

Skrtel leading with the leg into Jo was bad, yellow card territory, it was nowhere near as reckless as the tackle on Alonso.

• Advertisement

c

Some very bitter people on here. Look forward to a fair match report from ntlbell who seemed to be posting very prominently while Liverpool were behind!!!

I was never not fair?

I think rafa's decision not to start keane was wrong, I still do.

i dont recall ever posting anything unfair

bar kyut being laughable

and honest liverpool fans agree

spockety wrote: »
    They were not as bad as each other. The tackle on Alonso could have been unbelievably bad if Alonso's foot was firm to the ground. Would have been one of those ankle out the socks jobbies.

Skrtel leading with the leg into Jo was bad, yellow card territory, it was nowhere near as reckless as the tackle on Alonso.

If my aunty had balls she'd be my uncle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm honestly astounded that people can even try to argue that Zabaletta didn't deserve a red. It was a shocking tackle and the kind that can break legs.

I'm honestly astounded that people can even try to argue that Zabaletta didn't deserve a red. It was a shocking tackle and the kind that can break legs.

Where's the quote that said it wasn't a red card?

not expecting sympaty. Think it shows a distinct lack of class though to suggest he had it coming when he's clearly suffered a terrible injury.

You'd think Skrtel headbutted Jo the way people are going on.

wishing an injury on a player shows lack of class...

stating an injury happened via karma?

different story

Ok.

Sorry for your loss. :(

i dont think anyone said it wasn't

the problem is skertel's was worthy of a red also

Bitter my bollox. If you don't want City fans giving their opinion then go off to your little Pool love in thread.

yep, way to not be bitter.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I was delighted with the result before I started reading this thread.

The bitterness in here is just the icing on the cake.

• Advertisement

Where's the quote that said it wasn't a red card?

it was implied and you know it,
    why are you acting like such a child? just accept you lost fairly.

This if my aunt had balls stuff is further to the stupid thing.

Zabaleta's tackle could of broken Alonso's ankle/leg
    Skrtle's Tackle could of Bruised Jo's arse.

That should be the end of your nonsense, I hope so at least.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

ntlbell wrote: »
    i dont think anyone said it wasn't

the problem is skertel's was worthy of a red also

Any rational person who has ever played football would disagree that the two challenges were equally bad.

spockety wrote: »
    Ok.

Sorry for your loss. :(

Why litter your post with 'if's and 'could's? Just deal with the actual tackle.
    yep, way to not be bitter.

I've been lambasted for giving the views of a City fan. And I expected nothing less than to be hounded for it. I haven't been disappointed.

Did you expect me to join in with the 'Istanbul revisted' shenanigans? Seriously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Villain wrote: »
    A straight red for that??? what a joke, it wasn't even studds showing, late tackle went for the ball yellow surely?

For one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

marco_polo wrote: »
    I was delighted with the result before I started reading this thread.

there is like one man city fan in the whole thread.:confused:

what do you expect him to say?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Torres is now joint top scorer on 5 goals. This is particularly good as in my opinion, he hasn't been playing all that well this season but is still banging in the goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Hah. :eek:

Ya and opinions are like arseholes every one has one.

Valium should help you relax kid.

there is like one man city fan in the whole thread.:confused:

what do you expect him to say?

We were ****e in the second half and we lost :confused:

I've been lambasted for giving the views of a City fan. And I expected nothing less than to be hounded for it. I haven't been disappointed.

No your not being lambasted for the view's of city fan if you came on and said you outclassed us for 45 minutes and then you kept going for the throat when you should of been more cautious that would be fine.
    But you came on and started ranting about being cheated.

Any rational person who has ever played football would disagree that the two challenges were equally bad.

i never said one wasn't worse than the other that doesn't mean one wasn't a red card

if i go in with studs in or clatter u with a headbutt ones worse both reds see?

People can be pissed off when their team loose a 2-0 lead

• Advertisement
Advertisement