Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worlds Richest Club v Liverpool thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

marco_polo wrote: »
    We were ****e in the second half and we lost :confused:

+1
    coming up with every excuse there is.
    Its as if they never lose

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

ntlbell wrote: »
    if i go in with studs in or clatter u with a headbutt ones worse both reds see?

sure but if you kick me in the arse it's not a red card

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

mayordenis wrote: »
    No your not being lambasted for the view's of city fan if you came on and said you outclassed us for 45 minutes and then you kept going for the throat when you should of been more cautious that would be fine.
    But you came on and started ranting about being cheated.

Look, imo the two decisions on the cards were a disgrace as they should have been treated as one and the same. they weren't so I'm saying the ref cheated us out of it in that regard.

And we did outclass you for 45 mins....... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

For one.
    I also posted that my stream was bad I could well have been wrong, but don't bother quoting that.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Why litter your post with 'if's and 'could's? Just deal with the actual tackle.

I've been lambasted for giving the views of a City fan. And I expected nothing less than to be hounded for it. I haven't been disappointed.

Did you expect me to join in with the 'Istanbul revisted' shenanigans? Seriously?

thats the second time you've claimed people have been going on about istanbul. even putting it in quotes now as if I said it? as far as i can tell no-one had said anything like that except you.

I give up anyway. if we had lost i'd like to think pool fans would have been bemoaning the poor defending for the city goals. not claiming to be cheated by the ref. guess we will never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I don't really have any problems with Xavi6's posts, if it was the other way around, the score and the outnumbering of fans on here - I'd be calling you all worthless fooks, calling for the refs resignation and researching the laws of the game to see if the game can be replayed from a drop ball after Skretls tackle on Jo.

Such is the way that physical contact has more or less gone from football, emotion seems to be on is way out on this forum

fcuking cheated is right ;)

What if those studs had of raked a nasty gash down Jo's back, same way if Zab had broken Alonso's leg. Players do get sent off for intent.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

No way Skrtels challenge was a red card, should have been a yellow, but it was nowhere near as bad as zabalettas one, and even comparing them is ridiculous. Skrtel jumped for a ball with studs into Jo's side while both in the air, potentially bruising him and raking him a bit, Zabellata went over the top of the ball potentially breaking his leg.

Liverpool were also denied a clear opportunity and Torres missed an easy one as well. The easy one that Robinho missed was a mile offside. In the end if Liverpool had not won I would have felt like we dropped 2 points as we deserved it for the spirit and energy we showed in the second half where City were totally outclassed. 2-0 wasn't a deserved lead for City at half time, but Liverpool were worthy of a 3 goal margin in the second half.

Skrtels injury looks like a horrible one. Hopefully Danny Agger can play to his form of 2 seasons ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

huh?

i would hope if you intentionally kicked me up the arse in a pub match never mind a premier league game you'd be sent off or in the case of the pub came i'd be sending you off with broken nose..;)

the tackle was dirty and imo with intent that to me is a straight red

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Xavi, i know you are a city fan but it comes across as 'toys outta the pram stuff' tbh. You can't possible argue that Skrtels tackle was as bad as Zabaleta's... City played half of a brilliant game today. They didn't deserve anything more than they got. Torres had an unbelieveable chance that he missed and pool should have had a peno.

It would make you look a lot better if you accepted that today was one that city let slip away. Nobody was robbed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Tusky wrote: »
    Torres is now joint top scorer on 5 goals. This is particularly good as in my opinion, he hasn't been playing all that well this season but is still banging in the goals.

Second season syndrome imo. :pac:

There's someone in this thread who really should have the word 'end' stuck on to his SN by the mods.

I'm done with this - Great Liverpool win today - beat a spineless man city whos only intent was to break legs and dive around the place.

copacetic wrote: »
    thats the second time you've claimed people have been going on about istanbul. even putting it in quotes now as if I said it?
    as far as i can tell no-one had said anything like that except you.

I give up anyway. if we had lost i'd like to think pool fans would have been bemoaning the poor defending for the city goals. not claiming to be cheated by the ref. guess we will never know.

*sigh*
    flanzer wrote: »
    Comeback of near Istanbul proportions!!!

Regardless of the win, that's a massive statement to the League

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

What's up with agger anyway? He dropped or injured? Was he dropped as soon as Skrtel came in? i.e is he a liability

It looked bad for him, my guess is he is out for the rest of the year at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

ibh wrote: »
    Xavi, i know you are a city fan but it comes across as 'toys outta the pram stuff' tbh. You can't possible argue that Skrtels tackle was as bad as Zabaleta's... City played half of a brilliant game today. They didn't deserve anything more than they got. Torres had an unbelieveable chance that he missed and pool should have had a peno.

It would make you look a lot better if you accepted that today was one that city let slip away. Nobody was robbed.

This.

It was great to see City going two up, but they can only blame themselves for not holding on to the lead. Liverpool had way too many chances second half...

There's someone in this thread who really should have the word 'end' stuck on to his SN by the mods.

LOL you did it didn't you you made that up all on your own!!!

bell end!

haha!

gas.

I'm done with this - Great Liverpool win today - beat a spineless man city whos only intent was to break legs and dive around the place.

Oh you are a lovely piece of work with little digs like that. And you have the cheek to question my integrity? How fucking dare you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

i never said one wasn't worse than the other that doesn't mean one wasn't a red card

if i go in with studs in or clatter u with a headbutt ones worse both reds see?

I may have been a bad challenge but I don't think it was in the red card zone.

I would choose the studs in the back over the headbutt BTW :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I would just like to add...

55f66x.jpg

DIRK AND ROLL BABY

• Advertisement

Oh you are a lovely piece of work with little digs like that. And you have the cheek to question my integrity? How fucking dare you.

Dude take a chill pill, tis only a game :)

Your sitting in Oz while most of us are in sh*tty Dublin ffs, its raining btw :(

*sigh*

thats one person, and not me:confused:

I never said it was you. It was in this thread and that's what I was referring to. I never attributed your name to anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

roryc wrote: »

Your sitting in Oz while most of us are in sh*tty Dublin ffs, its raining btw :(

What?

There is not a cloud in the sky, sun is shining and its not that cold out, i'd say about 14 degrees.

Thats of 5.35 pm.

speak for yourself man. i'm catching some rays here in sunny Dundalk..:p

of ffs, who do you think you are? people has been honestly trying to debate what you were saying instead of ignoring your silly rants. mayordennis obviously got bored and gave you a taste of your own medicine and you act like a stuck up old woman? sweet jebus.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

What?

There is not a cloud in the sky, sun is shining and its not that cold out, i'd say about 14 degrees.

Thats of 5.35 pm.

That what I was thinking as well, perhaps its on the way?

No Oz though all the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

It's ****ing btw. Just type it out - saves you time and everyone will know what you mean. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Xavi - Dirky says relax

9tcnkk.jpg

...I'm sorry man, that was low.

of ffs, who do you think you are? people has been honestly trying to debate what you were saying instead of ignoring your silly rants. mayordennis obviously got bored and gave you a taste of your own medicine and you act like a stuck up old woman? sweet jebus.

Silly rants because they contradict the Liverpool driven mentality of the thred? Gimme a break.

That comment by mayordenis was flaming at it's best. Nothing i said was designed purely to piss somebody off. Surely you can see the difference in that.

What?

Thats of 5.35 pm.

Unfortunately some of us work Sundays (work for a betting company, busy at weekends!), was raining when I last checked an hour ago, nice to see its perked up a bit!

Oh, and even though its beaming in Costa del Dundalk, would still prefer Oz :)

• Advertisement

Silly rants because they contradict the Liverpool driven mentality of the thred? Gimme a break.

That comment by mayordenis was flaming at it's best. Nothing i said was designed purely to piss somebody off. Surely you can see the difference in that.

not really, the comments about being cheated out of it were almost as bad imo. but 'questioning your integrity and who does he think he is' type stuff?

not that you would care but up to today had never seen posts like your ones on this thread from you so assuming it is just the crap day that it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,100 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ardent wrote:
    Not good enough for me. He should have scored three in that game. Any other player in his place would have put a couple away with the chances he was presented with today.

...this is Exactly why Kuyt Should be playing a lot. He's on the wing, puts in massive effort, and got into goalscoring positions on 3 occasions as you said. Put another winger in there and they just wont be in the position to miss in the first place! If he was playing as a striker then fair enough, you have to finish you chances as thats all your job is, but he's not. His goals and assists are bonus's and we're lucky enough to have a guy who gets lots of them from the wing.

Other points;

Zabaleta - definate blatent red card

Skrtel - probably deserved a yellow, red might have been a bit harsh but wouldn't have been surprised by it either. Wish he had been sent off tbh as then he wouldn't have gotten his injury.

Ref - He didn't really help either side, he just had a rubbish game. One could stretch that he could have sent off Skrtel, but at the same time i'd have taken that if we'd have gotten the penalty (which was a stonewaller) so 6 of 1...

Unfortunately some of us work Sundays (work for a betting company, busy at weekends!), was raining when I last checked an hour ago, nice to see its perked up a bit!

Your loss dude. Were trying to keep this place a secret to keep the Dub's out so keep it under your hat..:p

Its lovely out now, don't bring the bad weather back when you finish work or I'll find you so help me ;)

not really, the comments about being cheated out of it were almost as bad imo. but 'questioning your integrity and who does he think he is' type stuff?

not that you would care but up to today had never seen posts like your ones on this thread from you so assuming it is just the crap day that it is.

I'm pissed off because I have never ever once stooped so low as to throw inflamatory comments at someone to purely spark a rise. He knew well there was only one City fan in here and it was posted purely for my eyes.

I love heated debate, whether they're done through sky blue or red glasses. There's no need to take it to another level imo. Save the bitchiness for the ladies lounge tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Its a ****ing lovely evening here in Kerry. Very atumnal.

lol... well im off soon enough, have the bucket and spade ready :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

17 degrees in Dub land tommorow, chance of rain though, Ill be out swimming anyway...Barbeque at my gaff tommorow at 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭slingerz

Skrtels challenge on Jo was a free to Man City and a probably yellow card. But there is no way Skrtel could have caused serious injury to Jo its not like he almost put his foot through him.

Zabeleta's challenge on Alonso is different. I t has the very real possibilty of causing serious injury. It was two footed with studs showing and over the top of the ball. Just because it didnt break Alonso's leg doesnt mean it should only have been a yellow card. It was a bad tackle and deserved a red.

As for Skrtel's injury there are a couple of points on this. Firstly, the suggest he had it coming or that it was karma is crass and lacks any form of sportsmanship whatsoever. Secondly, it highlights that a number on here are keyboard warriors never venturing onto the playing fields and suffering a serious injury. If they had exposed themselves to this then they would think a lot more about their comments.

As for the game, I thought it was a really enjoyable game. City played with fierce intensity and looked dangerous going forward in the first half with Ireland and Wright Phillips especially prominent. Liverpool looked aimless save for Riera on the left who provided welcome width to a usually narrow Liverpool set-up. Ireland's goal was perhaps fortitutous but he took the opportunity well after Kuyt had missed a good chance from 5 yards. The free kick was very well struck and some have been complaining of the way the wall was set-up or Reina's positioning but I think it was the quality of the strike from Garrido that caught everybody by suprise.

In the second half, Liverpool had legitimate penalty claims waved away for a clumsy challenge by Dunne on Kuyt. Torres bundled in the first for Liverpool after good link up play down the right by Arbeloa. Zabeleta was dismissed rightly for a dangerous tackle on Alonso and it looked like the momentum was swinging Liverpool's way. Man City had a chance to go 3-1 up but Robinho inexplicitly put over from 2 yards. Torres scored a second for Liverpool with a near post header after Hart had got lost coming off his line. Torres could have had a third for Liverpool but put over after Keane had sent the ball across the goalmouth. Skrtel suffered a nasty injury in an awkward fall when steering the ball back to Reina under pressure from Evans. Good play by Benyaoun who pulled the ball back to Torres only to see that shot deflect off Dunne and into the path of Kuyt 3 yards out to bang in the winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

It all comes down to character. Liverpool may not have the money, but they are rich when it comes to character.

Man City haven't been a serious football club in my lifetime.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Why litter your post with 'if's and 'could's? Just deal with the actual tackle.

Er, you're the one who is unable to just deal with the 'actual tackle' without talking about the 'other tackle'!

Dealing with the actual tackle, ok... The tackle on Alonso was reckless. The player had lost control of his tackle and came in with studs showing, about 4 inches off the ground. his studs made contact at full force with alonso's leg just above the ankle. Red card, absolutely no doubt.

Skrtel on Jo. Skrtel goes in for the high ball with his leg leading, and makes contact with Jo's thigh, presumably giving him a dead leg, but I have not seen any post match stuff about Jo's injury so I can't be sure. I have never seen a red card for a tackle like that.
    It should have been a yellow, and in fact I don't think a free was even given, which is shocking given that the ref was only about 15 yards away and looking directly at them.

RE*AC*TOR wrote: »
    It all comes down to character. Liverpool may not have the money, but they are rich when it comes to character.

Man City haven't been a serious football club in my lifetime.

then beating a 10 man city team wouldn't require much character so?

spockety wrote: »
    Er, you're the one who is unable to just deal with the 'actual tackle' without talking about the 'other tackle'!

I did. I agreed it was a red
    Dealing with the actual tackle, ok... The tackle on Alonso was reckless. The player had lost control of his tackle and came in with studs showing, about 4 inches off the ground. his studs made contact at full force with alonso's leg just above the ankle. Red card, absolutely no doubt.

No argument there.
    Skrtel on Jo. Skrtel goes in for the high ball with his leg leading, and makes contact with Jo's thigh, presumably giving him a dead leg, but I have not seen any post match stuff about Jo's injury so I can't be sure. I have never seen a red card for a tackle like that.
    It should have been a yellow, and in fact I don't think a free was even given, which is shocking given that the ref was only about 15 yards away and looking directly at them.

I think you're dumbing it down slightly as Srtels studs were right into Jo's back but fair enough, that's your opinion. I saw it as a high wreckless and potentially dangerous, just like Zabs.

On a side note, Dunne's late booking shows just how inept the referee actually was. Worst decision of the day.

You can only beat what's in front of you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

3 points. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

You can only beat what's in front of you

of course so don't be harping on about charecter than make statments like city are not a serious team

if your serious contenders for the title beating a non serious team like city should be a walk in the park and not need much character by that rational

makes sense no?

Davei141 wrote: »
    3 points. :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

yep

so when they finish 4th you can say that 3 points got is into 4th but we're 3 points closer!:D

of course so don't be harping on about charecter than make statments like city are not a serious team

if your serious contenders for the title beating a non serious team like city should be a walk in the park and not need much character by that rational

makes sense no?

what are you talking about MY rational - I never said anything other than it being a good win - then again man utd, arsenal and chelsea have all dropped points to lesser sides so I guess no team is in with a shout of the title this year they are just going to scrap it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

This thread is farcical. It's like it's been overrun by hysterical 8 year old girls.

• Advertisement

what are you talking about MY rational - I never said anything other than it being a good win - then again man utd, arsenal and chelsea have all dropped points to lesser sides so I guess no team is in with a shout of the title this year they are just going to scrap it?

i'm talking about reactor stating how much charecter liverpool had then claiming city are not a serious side

so if there not a serious side and then they have 10 men it shouldn't require more than a bit of quality no?

Advertisement