Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

fog light

Options
  • 04-10-2008 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭

was just woundering if there is a build in fog light to the front lights of the mk2 punto. its just that i can see a bulb in the lights and it seems it could be a fog light. anyone know where i could could get a switch for this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Take a look at the front of the car with the fog light switch on and then off.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

esel wrote: »
    Take a look at the front of the car with the fog light switch on and then off.

and then never touch that switch again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

i have switched on the fog light but that only truns on the back one. there is a spot beside the back light fog switch were i lokks like there could be a switch that could go there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

did you try putting your full headlights on and seeing if the bulbs where on? The extra bulbs could be those, they may not actually be fog lights at all...

yeah tried that doesn't do anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

Depending on the spec of your Punto, it originally could not have had Fog Lights, but if a replacement bumper was sought from a higher spec it would have had the brackets and holes for Fog Lights so they could be there for show :eek:

its the active model

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

did you try having a look in the owners manual? It should state there if they are on the car or maybe shed some light on what they actually are...

i don'nt think it says anything. well have a look later

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

It seems that the MKII fogs (if fitted) are in the headlight unit. Apparently you might need to program the ECU if your're retro-fitting them. :eek:
    http://www.fiatforum.com/punto/123616-mk2-fog-lights.html

• Advertisement

thats sound. well thereis light blubs inside these lights

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

All MK2 Puntos have what looks like 3 large bulb holders in each headlight unit, but on the lower spec models, the fog light (the one on the outer edge) is a dummy unit, just a piece of silver plastic.

you'll have foglights if you have an oval shaped hazard light switch as opposed to a round one.
    no foglights
    tnCB4_1055260_4_308923.jpg

foglights
    tnCB4_1121062_8_523393.jpg

i think i'v got the oval shape harard light. but there is wires that come out from were these so called bulbs are

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭atlantean

Stekelly wrote: »
    and then never touch that switch again.

Well said ;)

Advertisement