Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gerry Ryan Leaving 2fm?

• 04-10-2008 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Was told to day by a friend that she herd on today fm that there is no room for gerry ryan on the new 2 fm schedule. is this true, is gerry ryan leaving 2fm, his figures are on their way up, not sure if they would drop him!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

dkhill47 wrote: »
    Was told to day by a friend that she herd on today fm that there is no room for gerry ryan on the new 2 fm schedule. is this true, is gerry ryan leaving 2fm, his figures are on their way up, not sure if they would drop him!:)
    Id doubt they'd drop Gerry Ryan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Sure who could match his massive salary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Was told to day by a friend that she herd on today fm that there is no room for gerry ryan on the new 2 fm schedule.

Great news! Can they not fit him into the studio anymore with his big fat head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

can they send him to carlow local radio- i cant get that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

Bill wrote: »
    Id doubt they'd drop Gerry Ryan.

thats what i thought. his commercial value is huge. people dont seen to like him. i have meet hims and he ia sound. if you look at ray i need 3 people to make me funny darcy and tom dunne, there is much national competition to ryan!

• Advertisement

thats what i thought. his commercial value is huge. people dont seen to like him. i have meet hims and he ia sound. if you look at ray i need 3 people to make me funny darcy and tom dunne, there is much national competition to ryan!
    tom dunne is a legend

CDfm wrote: »
    tom dunne is a legend

i agree, miss him on week nights, maybe he just hasn't found his "thing" in his new role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

We wouldn't be that lucky. There's no way 2FM would drop Gerry Ryan from their schedule. He pulls in a huge audience. Unless of course, he's been poached by another station or he got the hump over not getting free coffee anymore.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

His morning coffee=SERIOUS BUSINESS

Ya but he will - its earily in the morning and he is still rambling on in his sleep.

He just needs some jetlag to get into his stride

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Sad as it may sound to, well... everyone else on here, I'd be gutted if he left. It's probably the only radio show I make an effort to listen to everyday.

This is the bit where you call me names for liking his show......

Sad as it may sound to, well... everyone else on here, I'd be gutted if he left. It's probably the only radio show I make an effort to listen to everyday.

This is the bit where you call me names for liking his show......
    of course not - its entertainment if you like it and it brightens your day-go for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

Why thank you.

havent heard it since he came back -any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Firetrap wrote: »
    We wouldn't be that lucky.

Can you only get 1 station on your radio? :confused:

Stekelly wrote: »
    Can you only get 1 station on your radio? :confused:
    dont be silly the G Ryan show is on 2 -everyone knows that

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I'd like to see a link posting some back up to this please. Otherwise I'm locking this thread.

I'd like to see a link posting some back up to this please. Otherwise I'm locking this thread.

http://www.rte.ie/about/pressreleases/2008/0821/jnlraug08.html

http://www.rte.ie/about/pressreleases/2007/0808/jnlrradioaug07.html

I meant a link showing that he was being axed. Unless you can provide one of those I am going to assume you are trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Agreed....link or shut up stop posting on this subject

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Agreed....link or shut up stop posting on this subject
    Agreed +1

Always be a place for a fat greasy boll0x on 2FM

Right I'm locking this as there is no proof that GR is leaving 2FM. If the OP does have a relevant link, you can PM me with it and I will reopen the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement