Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent Hotels/Resteraunts in Lucan/Leixlip areas for Communions

• 04-10-2008 8:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,892 ✭✭✭✭

Hi fellow Westies,

First kid for Communion next May, and hotel I was hoping to book into Finnstown House Hotel fully booked out the day the date came out in the school. Any other hotels that people could recommend is the Clarion any good? Any in Leixlip? I'll have approx 20 guests.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

the courtyard in leixlip is a nice spot,especially if the weather is nice. good grub too.

i was at a wedding in the leixlip house hotel a couple of months ago and again the grub was nice and the staff were excellent.

the spa hotel(lucan) is also a good bet,they're well set up for communion/confirmation time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I had my communion meal in the Leixlip House in 1997..it's still really popular for Communions apparently, I'd go with that first, Becketts second, Courtyard third and Springfield fourth. There's also the Liffey Valley County Hotel (or something like that), it's somewhere near St. Catherine's but I don't know anything about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,892 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Thanks for the tips, I'll check them out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Becketts is a great place, food is always well presented and the evening menus are great! It is a bit small, 20 guests would want to be booked and confirmed well in advance.

I was in the Springfield for a graduation dinner about 2 years ago. I was pleasantly surprised by the menu. There was loads of choice and the place was quiet enough. The food was good and service was efficient.

The advantage of both these places is that they tend to be a bit quieter in the early evening compared with the Courtyard in Leixlip or even the Spa Hotel. I've not eaten in the Courtyard so can't comment on the food but it is a nice venue.

The Spa Hotel I would describe as very 'safe' in terms of menu and style but not bad at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭SnoozyS

A friend of mine had her daughters communion in the Courtyard this year and was very disappointed with the service. They had been up for food several times before but reckoned they just couldn't cope with the communions. Food was cold, toilets dirty and not a bit of fuss made about the communion girl.

Hopefully they'll have learnt from their mistakes for next year.

+1 on Becketts....have yet to have a bad meal there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭manc

also agree with Becketts and the Liffey Valley House (down by fire station) has good grounds away from streets and traffic for kids to play in, food is great in both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Finnstown House has the nicest settings, but Becketts easily have the best food in the area imho

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭bellapip

Without sounding like a one woman advert. . . .

We have for the last couple of years looked after christenings, and comunions at the Deadmans Inn.

Our food is of an excellent standard, prices are very competitive and we can cater to your exact requirements.

As other posters have mentioned hygiene and staff attentiveness, I will say we have a great staff and the place is spotless.

Nothing to lose by having a look.

PM if you want more details.

Bell:D

Advertisement