Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed

Options
  • 04-10-2008 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi all, Need a bit of advice if any one can help. Fairly resently myself and my partner spilt up, primary because of the stress from finanical issues and always been at each others troat's. Wehave a beautiful 2 year old girl. We have been trying to sort things out between us while in the family homes.

I actually thought that we where starting to get through things but all of a sudden I was told that was never going to happen. Now I respect her wish's as everyone has the right to make up their own mind's as to how they live their lives but I dont quite know how to start mine off again. Dont get me wrong dating and things are ok but how do you even begin to bring another partner who is not the childs mother/father into their lives when they are that young. And how do you react when the other parent does the same??

For me that will be a very long way off but I just can't see myself ever been able to do face my girl if I did......

Sorry for the rant :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Hi, i've been through a recent separation myself, my son is 14 months, and to be honest it's my biggest fear in the whole thing. I'm terrified of the day my ex tells me he's seeing someone else and wants to introduce her to our son, not only will it break my heart all over again, but it's the affect it will have on the little lad that have me feeling sick over it.

I can only advise to try not to think about it because you will drive yourself mad, you'll just need to deal with it when it happens, becuase no matter how much you plan for it, it won't go to plan anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

Thats way in the future, why on earth are you stressing about introducing new partner when you are only recently separated?

Only introduce a new partner when you are sure they will be a permanent fixture in your life. I'm separated 4 years and have introduced no-one to my dd, although I have dated/had relationships.

DD's dad has recently introduced someone to dd. I trust him completely in this, as like me, I'm sure he has been out there, but had the sense not to expose dd to it.

Advertisement