Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you believe Lance Armstrong took (illegal) performance enhancing drugs?

Options
  • 04-10-2008 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Despite no proof that he took illegal drugs, Armstrong is constantly accused of wrong doing. Yes, he worked with Dr.Ferrari who pioneered modern training in cycling with Cecchini and Coconi and Ferrari was convicted of doping offences but Armstrong retains a clean record. A lot of people I know are convinced he took drugs despite Armstrong's freakish genetics (producing half or less lactate per kg bodyweight than the average cyclist). Just wondering what the general consensus is - do you believe he did or did not take drugs?
    Personally, I think his genetics are incredible and may be what made him so good when others took performance enhancers and still failed to catch him, he also had great coaches and incredible set-up for racing with his teams. So until I see evidence to the contrary, I think he is innocent of doping.

Did Armstrong take illegal performance enhancers during his career? 47 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    74% 35 votes
    Undecided
    25% 12 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

Innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

sick of lance armstrong drug topics. it's worse than the helmet debate.

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭smithslist

Verb wrote: »
    lance armstrong drug topics

another lance drug thread :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

lads, please be careful what is said, and how you back it up.

I was listening to Frankie Andreu's wife on the radio during the week. How many of his team have been caught or admitted at this stage??

but this story was when I could no longer deny it myself
    http://velonews.com/article/6647

I've read elsewhere that he was spat upon by team discovery as he returned into the peleton

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

uberwolf wrote: »

How does one defend or even justify that incident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭figs86

thanks for that valuable contribution mod, obviously people are interested in the thread as it is about the most famous person and the most renowned aspect of professional cycling so there are bound to be lots of threads about it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Present some new information and there's a point to the thread. Otherwise, it is just regurgitating old discussions.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=3807983

p.s. I'm not a cycling mod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭chicoben

uberwolf wrote: »
    lads, please be careful what is said, and how you back it up.

I was listening to Frankie Andreu's wife on the radio during the week. How many of his team have been caught or admitted at this stage??

but this story was when I could no longer deny it myself
    http://velonews.com/article/6647

I've read elsewhere that he was spat upon by team discovery as he returned into the peleton

You should read that book "Bad Blood" 'The secret lif of the tour de france' by Jeremy Whittle.

It goes into a bit of detail about the incident in the article. Not loads but you get the idea.

This whole business with not letting people test his (Armstrongs) old urine samples is a joke. If he has nothing to hide then let them test away. Kimmage is right when he said that he brings nothing but a dark cloud to the sport.

Present some new information and there's a point to the thread. Otherwise, it is just regurgitating old discussions.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?searchid=3807983

p.s. I'm not a cycling mod.

just because you're not a cycling mod, you're a mod anyway
    Are you saying you have different standards depending on the forum? nevermind....

and i was providing no info, just looking for a vote! no comments, no arguments, no debate, just percentages.

and i got it. happy days.:cool:

chicoben wrote: »

This whole business with not letting people test his (Armstrongs) old urine samples is a joke. If he has nothing to hide then let them test away. Kimmage is right when he said that he brings nothing but a dark cloud to the sport.

Jan Ullrich said he wouldn't let them test his samples either in Armstrong's position on a point of principle
    (i'd let them test mine if I were clean, just pointing out what Ullrich said)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

figs86 wrote: »
    A lot of people I know are convinced he took drugs despite Armstrong's freakish genetics (producing half or less lactate per kg bodyweight than the average cyclist)... So until I see evidence to the contrary, I think he is innocent of doping.

I quite agree. Done a lot of physiology in my time and read the journal articles re. rediculous lactate buffering ability (that near as I know can't be doped for) different and better pedalling cadence and bike setup than that of many of his peers. Could've just been the right monkey with the right genetics, on the right bike at the right time, or maybe there was help. we'll prob never know. Still, it's been nice watching the tour and not knowing who's going to win

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Signal_ rabbit

Here's one for you:........ Should lance where a helmet?

Sorry, couldn't resist.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Closing, on the basis of stupidity. No, I am not a Cycling mod.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement