Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goal of the Season so far! Henry v Atletico Madrid

• 04-10-2008 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Sorry no link:o
    I have to say I love my team goals and Henry has just scored in Barcas rout of A. Madrid to put them 6-1 up. It was a stunning goal arrowing the ball into the bottom corner, finishing off a blistering attack with quickfire passes from Xavi and Bojan...got me off my seat, a joy to watch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

I miss him :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Ibrahimovic's goal earlier tonight was better.

http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=2350866

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Gudjohnsen nearly scored an absolute stunner. There was at least 30 passes, with one audacious bit of skill from Xavi and inch perfect pass to Gudjohnsen. It would have been better than Argentina's goal in WC06.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Any links to the goals? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

That was far from the best goal this season,you should check highlights of german Bundesliga from last weekend,i saw least 5 goals whos gonna be top of the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Archimedes wrote: »
    Ibrahimovic's goal earlier tonight was better.

http://www.d1g.com/video/show/?id=2350866

:eek: What a finish from Zlatan. Do we reckon that outdoes Zola's FA Cup one off the corner from a few years back? I still prefer his to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Few years ago doesnt count in this years goal of the season:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

meh at ibrahimovics goal. when i first seen it i was like class, but if fat eddy scored that sort of goal it be like ''ah thats our eddy, doesn't know what he's doing, just jumps and hopes for the best'

reminds me of the england vs holland match, ball played high into the box and it smacks the dutch guy on the leg, and falls the other side of the defender, the commentator then lauds the technical ability of the dutch players.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

besty wrote: »
    :eek: What a finish from Zlatan.

Don't tell Dunphy.
    He's convinced that Zlatan, the scorer of this (one of, if not the best goal ever IMO) goal...

..., is a donkey!

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Lol some finish by Zlatan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Henry's goal -

Decent goal but not amazing or anything.

Elano's goal midweek was just as good a strike -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Don't tell Dunphy.
    He's convinced that Zlatan, the scorer of this (one of, if not the best goal ever IMO) goal...

..., is a donkey!

That is an unbelieveable goal

Anyone see Maxi Rodriguez' strike against L'OM that nearly went in? Would definitely have been goal of season if it went in... It was a back heel chip from the right side of the box that nearly crept (I don't think I've ever spelled that word in my life, it looks like it's wrong) in the left corner.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

The goal Hull got last week was super.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

This thread fails.

Henry's goal wasnt half as good as made out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Don't tell Dunphy.

..., is a donkey!

I've seen Peter Beagirie scored a few absolute crackers. Take from that what you will............

I've never been impressed with Ibrahimovic outside of selected clips.

Watch the Liverpool road to Istanbul video. Theres highlights of all the games, if you didnt know better you'd think Harry Kewell was some sort of George Best / Maradonna Hybrid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Good goal but not the goal of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Good goal. Not goal of the season either for my money.

But as the Trevor Francis said at the time - it's the kind of goal you just can't defend against.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Don't tell Dunphy.

..., is a donkey!

plonk wrote: »
    That is an unbelieveable goal

You're right. It is an unbelievable goal. Its unbelievable that so many defenders would let a donkey round them to shoot through the keepers legs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Elano's goal midweek was just as good a strike -

The actual strike is nearly as good but the movement of Henry and the series of passes beforehand is what makes the Henry goal considerably better.

• Advertisement

great goal by henry. Fast crisp passing. Dunno bout goal of the season myslef but an excellent goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

The actual strike is nearly as good but the movement of Henry and the series of passes beforehand is what makes the Henry goal considerably better.

Indeed, it wa sthe series of passes that led up to it that made it an excellent team goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

First goal. Think its a cracker but the body shape and foot when he hits it doesn't make it look as great.

why wont it show up?

I thought this was a fantastic goal and one of the best scored this season.. As good as Henry's backheel imo.

First goal. Think its a cracker but the body shape and foot when he hits it doesn't make it look as great.

why wont it show up?

Take out everything bar ''dm4x5378Y7A'' in the youtube link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Messi nearly scored a goal in the Barca match too that would have been up there as a contender for goal of the season. Some performance from Barcelona, though Atletico's defence was an absolute shambles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Thread delivers. No defending that build up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ibrahimovic is what you call a youtube footballer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

yeah.. definitely. Great build up and an excellent finish.

Advertisement