Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JG Glock G18c Review *Discussion*

Options
  • 04-10-2008 10:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

As Per the rules as usuall.,:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Nice review, I'm suprised on two things here, one is the quality of the finish on the JG, its very good for a clone or even a full price GBB. Second is how bad the KWA looks, I have a KSC metal slide G18C that looks exactly like the JG in the finish of the slide and frame. I always though KWA and KSC were the same, just different brand names for export, clearly KSC is above KWA.

I think I may need to drop my 18C in eiresoft some time as its never been the same since I dropped it on a wooden floor.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

You mentioned the price was 100, do I detect that these will be sold in eirsoft sooner rather than later ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

How does since yesterday sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

NakedDex wrote: »
    How does since yesterday sound?

Pretty believable to me :D

You never said in the review if JG has the Glock trigger safety some clones like the two KJs I have don't. If it does that will just push it out there for JG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭Doomofman

You never said in the review if JG has the Glock trigger safety some clones like the two KJs I have don't. If it does that will just push it out there for JG.

You can see the double trigger in the pictures.. So unless it doesn't work I would say it has it.. Although it is the worst idea for a safety mechanism I've ever seen..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Yep trigger safety works on them.,:)

Doomofman wrote: »
    Although it is the worst idea for a safety mechanism I've ever seen..

why whats wrong with it? It prevents the trigger being pulled before the safety is pressed. so if you can accidentally fire it then you must have your finger on the trigger at the time?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 _Fox_

Can you give more detail about the quality of the gun? Your rating about performance/price? Do you recommend it?

The quality is good, the metal looks good and theres no seems on the plastic., the mags are cross compatable too aswell as the internal parts. other than the recoil spring its a great gun.,:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i think that if the recoil springs were swapped out by the retailer then its well worth €100 it is a lot a lot slower in rof than the ksc mabey but in some watys the ksc is too fast

as with the ksc it is steadier and suffers less cooldown with the 50 rd mag

i like both my ksc and my jg glocks and i'm glad that i have one of each

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

well i must say vtec either you got lucky and got a good one , or else i got unlucky and got a bad one, cause mine arrived from rsov today, and to say i'm dissapointed is an understatment.

The slide is ridiculously loose out of the box - as you pointed out maybe the recoil spring will sort this out , but as an "out of the box " expeirence definitely one of the worst i've come across.
    I dont buy a gbb with the idea of fixing it straight away - thats called qc and it happens where the thing was made.

horgan_p wrote: »
    I dont buy a gbb with the idea of fixing it straight away - thats called qc and it happens where the thing was made.

Well, I did start off the review with "the recoil Spring is complete Sh*te". hardly misleading now is it....

I stuck a KWA one in instead and it was much better.,

The slide was a bit loose on the one I was looking at toady in eirsoft, and after seeing it fire in full auto it really does need a stronger spring and possibly a high flow gas valve but that may lead to cool downs in the colder days. The opposite is a slight prob with the Army G17, the slide fit on that is a tad tight, had to really oil it up and cycle the slide a good bit.

At the end of the day its a clone GBB one of the better ones and the first from the company it should only get better in future.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

vtec wrote: »
    Well, I did start off the review with "the recoil Spring is complete Sh*te". hardly misleading now is it....

I stuck a KWA one in instead and it was much better.,

i never said you mislead anyone - it was purely MY opinion on the glock

no i understand that, what im saying is you should have been expecting it to be like that, no?
    ehobby do recoil springs for them for about a fiver,,.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

many clones need work outa the box

a&k saw didn't exactly suffer from the fact that you have to work on it straight away
    nor does it stop the jg g36c from being very popular

if you want a high quality g18c then get the ksc

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

I have both the KWA and the JG G18C's. Have to say after changing the JG recoil spring for a KWA one, I'm impressed, needed a bit of silicone oil here & there, looks great with trades & metal slide, nice clunk on blowback. Trying firing tests tomorrow.

Advertisement