Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Project

Options
  • 05-10-2008 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am doing a Ag Science project on dairying...

got some good pictures ,all i need now is good notes.. anybody want to give me some or show me some please

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I am doing a Ag Science project on dairying...

got some good pictures ,all i need now is good notes.. anybody want to give me some or show me some please

thanks

there are tons of resources out there for the project. you shouldn't need to copy someone else's project which is essentially what you would be doing if you get someone else's notes.
    • look up dairying on the internet
    • Look up the teagasc website
    • get information from your local teagasc office.
    • buy the farmer's journal
    • get the indo on a tuesday for the farming supplement.
    • If you took your photos on a farm/agricultural college, go back to the farm and get the information.
    • go to your local co-op and see if they have any leaflets about the animal products (feed, equipment) they sell.
    • My local pharmacy also sells veterinary medicines and i'm sure have plenty of information.
    • get some samples of feed and tape them into your project and explain what they are and why they are used etc.

It drives me cracked going examining to schools every year and seeing (unoriginal) notes copied out in ag projects and students not having a clue what they wrote. The project is supposed to demonstrate your practical experience of agriculture and in this instance, dairying.

you'll learn a lot more if you do it yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gearoidcrow

there are tons of resources out there for the project. you shouldn't need to copy someone else's project which is essentially what you would be doing if you get someone else's notes.
    • look up dairying on the internet
    • Look up the teagasc website
    • get information from your local teagasc office.
    • buy the farmer's journal
    • get the indo on a tuesday for the farming supplement.
    • If you took your photos on a farm/agricultural college, go back to the farm and get the information.
    • go to your local co-op and see if they have any leaflets about the animal products (feed, equipment) they sell.
    • My local pharmacy also sells veterinary medicines and i'm sure have plenty of information.
    • get some samples of feed and tape them into your project and explain what they are and why they are used etc.

It drives me cracked going examining to schools every year and seeing (unoriginal) notes copied out in ag projects and students not having a clue what they wrote. The project is supposed to demonstrate your practical experience of agriculture and in this instance, dairying.

you'll learn a lot more if you do it yourself.

i suppose your right.... just thinking now..thanks for that useful information.thank you

Advertisement