Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea Vs Aston Villa

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

i knew this would be easy for chelsea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

yep... playing right into my hands...

2-0

Anelka

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

We have been awful never got going a all, ah well all you can do is try and play the game out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

i knew this would be easy for chelsea.
    Aren't you great :rolleyes: Any more prediction for us, lotto numbers perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

QUOTE=estebancambias;57475901]i knew this would be easy for chelsea.[/QUOTE]

jesus, couldn't have ever forseen a home win myself. you took a big risk on that one

:rolleyes:

You have to say that Chelsea's squad is very strong, when you think of the players their missing and the team they can still field.

fullstop wrote: »

some people thought this villa team would be the first to defeat chelsea at home...if it ends 4-0 then my prediction was class.

some people thought this villa team would be the first to defeat chelsea at home...if it ends 4-0 then my prediction was class.
    I would have thought a top 4 team would be more likely to do that

villa are in the top 4.

• Advertisement

villa are in the top 4.
    LOL not after this game, and if you don't follow the EPL enough to know who the top 4 are I ain't going to educate you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

we are not out of this yet lads hins up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

When will gabby do the biz when it really matters???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

Ah Agbonlahor, should have done better with that.

Cuellar also impressing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

fullstop wrote: »
    I thought your prediction was ballsy tbh, I know a lot of Villa fans would nearly have expected the win today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Poor performance by Villa but well beaten in the end, can have no complaints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

some of the best football i've seen from chelsea in some time, made villa look very poor and if we had anyone decent up front could have been embarassing for villa. Chelsea ran rings around them and had a huge amount of possession, Lampard, Ballack and even Malouda played out of their skins. Friedel looked shaky, had been pishing down for a few hours before the ko but he let more drop / fumble than normal.

Genuinely went into that game thinking a draw would have been an ok result, as did many at chelsea, and couldn't believe how well we coped with a team I thought would ask some serious questions. If it wasnt for Laursen chelsea could well have been 5 or 6 up in the first 60 minutes.

Good convincing result with some excellent football. Nice to see Di Santo getting a run out (although he should probably have done better with his 2 good chances), hope the joe cole injury isn't too serious , and the russian Ivanovic will undoubtedly give away a penalty some time soon if he doesn't calm down on the shirt pulling.

a draw at home? how could that be acceptable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Ivanovic is Serbian not Siberian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

a draw at home? how could that be acceptable?

given our injury list, villa's recent form and their performance at the bridge last year it would have been not inconceivable.

thanks for the clarification JPL, dunno why i thought he was russian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Thought it was a great result by Chelsea yesterday. 2-0 flattered Villa to be honest. Thats also the first match of the season where I saw young getting torn apart from one end of 90mins to the other.

All the talk also about Barry before the game, well Lamps just showed him how to play. Great showing by Chelsea and I think Villa can call themselves lucky to keep it at 2.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

Great result ... and with Liverpool coming back from 2-0 to beat City ..
    makes the match on 26th october really interesting .. Liverpool could be
    the ones that finally end our unbeaten home league run ...

time to take Liverpool seriously as league contenders..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

iregk wrote: »
    Thought it was a great result by Chelsea yesterday. 2-0 flattered Villa to be honest. Thats also the first match of the season where I saw young getting torn apart from one end of 90mins to the other.

All the talk also about Barry before the game, well Lamps just showed him how to play. Great showing by Chelsea and I think Villa can call themselves lucky to keep it at 2.
    Being gracious in victory isn't really too hard if you try. 2-0 flattered Chelsea 12 months ago at Villa Park. Let alone Villa going 2 up at the Bridge before a sending off and penalty change the complex of the game. Some folks have a really short memory it seems.

Full credit to Chelsea, Villa were never in the game and were beaten by a far better team on the day. Just don't get carried away eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

how did Young running amuck on Bosingwa go by the way Helix?

Mr Alan wrote: »
    how did Young running amuck on Bosingwa go by the way Helix?
    Villa didn't get enough of the ball to get Young involved, don't worry he's still a class player and he's set to sign a new contract with us shortly, even though certain people thought MON's treatment of Barry would put our star players off signing new contracts :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i dont doubt he is an excellent player.

as for the "barry saga" reprecussions in players contracts etc, i dont think its really possible to comment on that until a couple of years down the line.

Advertisement