Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan Almera gearbox problem

Options
  • 05-10-2008 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

I bought a 05 Nissan Almera hatchback 1.5 yrs ago, apart from a rear shock going in the car. When I try to use 2nd gear it grates alot. I went to my mechanic the following morning about the problem. He said that Almeras and Primeras give alot of gearbox problems, he said that he replaced an Almera gearbox lately for @€;1300 + labour. The manufacturers warranty ran out last March so he said to call to the local Nissan main dealer (thats where I bought the car). The main dealer diagnosed the problem as in the synchromesh. The main dealer contacted Nissan who wanted the FSH of the car, so I gave them the service book stamped up to date. Nissan now want reciepts for these services!!! I paid my mechanic cash when he serviced my car. Don't know what to do next help!!!!. 2 be honest really pissed about how I'm getting treated by Nissan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Have an Almera my self.

01 only problem i have had so far is a timing chain that cost me €750 to replace.

Went to main Nissan dealer to get it repaired and found their p.r to be really bad and damage to the car that was never there before though it was never proved so i'm still out of pocket.

Nissan cars are good. Nissan dealers are cowboys.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 plunkettrebel

My girlfriend has a 01 Toyoa Corolla which had a faulty engine block last July, she took it into our local Toyota main dealer who were very good once Toyota got the service book they replaced the block under warranty and gave her a courtesy car for the week.

Advertisement