Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N95 8gb and movies

• 05-10-2008 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭

Well I've just spent the last couple of weeks shopping for a portable media device that can play movies as well as of course store music but i haven't gotten around to buying just yet.

But I had reason to call O2 regarding a problem with my sim card and it turns out that I could have the Nokia N95 8gb for €149 as an upgrade which I availed of. So now perhaps I don't need to buy a PMD.

So my question is how do I rip and upload movies to this phone? Can I use the phone software or do I need some other product.
    Any other tips?

Thanks in advance;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

i dont think that is possible.. but i could be wrong!!!
    if you could do it you would be better getting a normal n95 so you would have unlimited memory with extra micro sd cards. 8g's isnt alot if your going to store movies and music and app's and pictures!!!
    maybe you should get a creative zen.. my bro has 1 and its awesome.. you can hook to up to your telly too!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

maybe you should get a creative zen.. my bro has 1 and its awesome.. you can hook to up to your telly too!!!

Thanks for the quick reply there monty.
    I've been looking at the creative and they are really sweet pieces of kit. Sure maybe I'll still buy a creative and keep the phone too.
    The Creative X-FI with WIFI is one nice unit:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you can get a divx player for the n95, divx being the most used codec for compressing films on the internet. And you can plug an n95 straight into a tv with a cable that comes with it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

Well after struggling with the Nokia PC suite and movies,(the audio did not ever sync with the video) I have found the easiest, fastest and most foolproof way of converting movies - I use jetAudio. Perfect. Then just drag them onto the phone! FAntabulous! As for storage, how many movies would you actually want to KEEP on the phone? Once you've watched them, delete them!
    Quite honestly I found the Nokia software a pain in the butt, and slow to boot.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Thanks lads.
    Is Jetaudio available for download? I guess I should just google it??
    Regarding storage, yes it would only be for keeping one or two movies on to watch when commuting etc then delete, making way for the next movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

http://www.download.com/JetAudio-Basic/3000-2167_4-10013740.html?cdlPid=10845548

http://www.cowonamerica.com/download/

You need to buy the software to do more than 30 secs of Video conversion, but I think it will be worth it as it is quick and does what it says on the tin.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭BeciMester

If you google hard enough there is free software to convert movies into .mp4 which the N95 plays natively. Also don't settle for the old N95/1 but go for the 8GB, it's a better unit by any means IMO, and it's a steal for €149!

Advertisement