Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

abuse

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

OOhhh c'mon, it's all just for a wee bit of fun. Lots of people were in on it.

It didn't appear that way first hence i ended going to helpdesk reporting the frigging thing without knowing its a bloody script aimed at everyone!.

How many were in on it as prick is a harsh word ya know :D

If lots started using that script with the P word, expect lots of tension and flame wars, what do ya expect? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

i think several posters do actually hate me hence I feel I was in my right to complain. i find it funny but that doubt remains that the poster in question does actually have that as his sig and by some coincidence its now become a boards.ie 'thing' so it will go unnoticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

gurramok wrote: »
    It didn't appear that way first hence i ended going to helpdesk reporting the frigging thing without knowing its a bloody script aimed at everyone!.

How many were in on it as prick is a harsh word ya know :D

If lots started using that script with the P word, expect lots of tension and flame wars, what do ya expect? :)

I can understand if someone just put in their sig something offensive but this was initiated by boards itself. Plus Cult did say it's only here until it's run its course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Stekelly wrote: »
    So you only found out you were a prick from someones sig? which you then treat as fact?

No, it was abuse as i was not in know about the script!
    OOhhh c'mon, it's all just for a wee bit of fun. Lots of people were in on it.
    I see that now but that P word is very harsh for the fun of it.

For example. my name been used for fun in the script in other threads in Feedback, that's fun unlike the P word! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I find the 'p' word to be an unending source of fun...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

I find the 'p' word to be an unending source of fun...
    Why don't you stop being such a Prickly Mod?

Effective way of calling monkeyfudge a prick without him knowing about it - w00t.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'd rather be called a c*nt of a mod.

I'd rather be called a c*nt of a mod.
    Well in that case, you are a c*nt of a mod.... :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

its funny i got banned from the soccer forum for calling pat dolan an idiot, yet a mod calls a real life person an idiot and everything is rosey.

Is Pat Dolan not a real life person :pac:

• Advertisement

estebancambias, I don't know what may have provoked it, but I can tell you the real reason for Agent Smith calling you an idiot.

It is because Agent Smith is racist and you are black.

That mightn't be the answer but I find that racism is ALWAYS the answer to life's problems. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Daithi McGee

:o

Oh god.

Don't feel bad Bro. Fell for it myself, I thought a Poker mod had it in for me like all the rest :( I was doing a PM and while doing a few quotes the truth was layed out infront of me. Bloody internets! Sometimes what you see is never what it is. :eek:
    I'd rather be called a c*nt than a mod.

FYP

Too much work! :pac:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

nevf wrote: »
    estebancambias, I don't know what may have provoked it, but I can tell you the real reason for Agent Smith calling you an idiot.

It is because Agent Smith is racist and you are black.

nah, its the Greeks

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

gurramok wrote: »
    Why would boards allowed this in a sig to call anyone a prick as it ain't publicised in the sig it's a script.
    Those in the not-know like meself earlier would take the sig as gospel and not in jest as we didn't know its a script in the first place.

Agree with this 100%, just because this is a script doesn't exclude it from the standards that sigs are subject too if they were just typed in.

I sussed straight away that it was a script but any new users on this site without the tech savvy to realise that it was just a script would see it as an insult directed towards them.

Anyone using the script in such a manner should be infracted or banned after a grace period of a couple of days for people to amend their sigs. Its immature and really fairly pathetic.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

script has been changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

i think several posters do actually hate me hence I feel I was in my right to complain. i find it funny but that doubt remains that the poster in question does actually have that as his sig and by some coincidence its now become a boards.ie 'thing' so it will go unnoticed.

I think you might need to toughen up a little and not take offence so easily.

Life is tough

This is the internet.

gandalf wrote: »
    Its immature and really fairly pathetic.

Oh c'mon now. It was a site wide thing. Do we really have to factor the lowest common denominator into everything, aka new or clueless posters. Should we not do things for fear of offending people.

It was a simple bit of fun that alot of people were in on or after a little detective work figured out for themselves. In all honesty you'd have to be some kind of special fool to think a whole community has it in for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,235 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

how much more fun were we going to have with it in fairness? kinda lost its appeal in the first 2 days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Overheal wrote: »
    how much more fun were we going to have with it in fairness? kinda lost its appeal in the first 2 minutes.

FYP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

how much more fun were we going to have with it in fairness? kinda lost its appeal in the first 2 days.
    yup.
    less even. pms from people thinking i was banning them for reals, on other forums? nyah. too much hassle.
    and not a big deal tbh or something to go mad about either

• Advertisement

Oh I agree with you. It was short lived fun but the arguement put forth by some users is that it shouldn't have been implemented at all, which is wrong. It was fun and should have done away with after 1-2 days max.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I see what Gandalf and others are saying though - there's no need to resort to putting abusive terms in your sig at all. And I could imagine someone with a gripe against another user taking advantage of it for this reason.
    Yeah, I can see how this could come back to haunt us.

I also dont appreciate Cushion taking jabs at my penis :(
    Yeah, I don't appreciate him taking jabs at MY penis either... :(
    copacetic wrote: »
    don't worry about it, if I had your posting history I would have assumed it was directed at me and me only too.
    In fairness, esteban seems to have grown up a fair bit.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I also dont appreciate Cushion taking jabs at my penis :(

It's called fore play get used to it.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

It's called fore play get used to it.

oh it's foreplay now is it? is that the new thing. sure it's far from 'fore' play you were reared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

estaban-cant-be-arsed

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I've often found, that while wondering through life, a sense of humour is essential.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement