Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Killers - Human

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I generally like the Killers but my god that song is bloody awful

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Placid_Casual

I loved Hot Fuss so much when it came out, I thought The Killers would end up being one of my favourite bands. With that in mind, this song makes me feel a combination of sadness and anger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭insinkerator

I was looking forward to the album.... but if its gonna follow this line, then no more.... no more.

You just know that this is gonna be the "big" song of the album too, and it will be forced down our throats every second of every day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

oh good god thats awful....:eek:
    cant believe this is the same band who put out Mr.Brightside...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

[Mandatory pointing out of the fact that The Killers are awful and need to stop ruining ears]

K cya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭niginator

Tis not that bad, Whens the new album out?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Right there in the op.
    ShaneU wrote: »
    It's the new single from their upcoming third album on November 24th called "Day & Age".

As for the song it sounds like some cheesy 80's new wave/synthpop type mess. I can see it getting massive radio air play though because it's The Killers and it is kind of catchy. Too bad it's not very good at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Well I like it anyway , took a few listens admittedley

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

I love The Killers. I loved Hot Fuss but didn't like Samstown when I first listened to it. Then it grew on me and I love the album now. I'm hoping Day & Age will be like that seeing as Human hasn't made a very good impression yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I like it a lot actually, great production. I think for Killers fans like myself that didnt like the change of direction from Sams Town will be glad to hear this

great over production.

tbh

It sounds like it's been fed through 5 or 6 different computer programmes and given layer upon layer of mid 80s synth, and not the good synth either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭shoelaceface

i kind of like it... it will prob grow on me!

not like their old stuff which was the best!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭The Batman

Im the biggest fan around of the killers.....didnt love it or hate it at first....a few listens and now i really like it! Spaceman is very good too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

listen up straw-clutchers, this song is atrocious. if this song is supposed to be the single to promote the new album then jeez...

a poor mans chris de burgh

^^^ I lol'd (cause it's true)

Sad thing is, I've seen the Killers live three times (2 festivals, one gig of their own) and I have to say on this evidence I won't be going again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Prof.Badass

The killers started out as a cool party/pop-rock band.one of the first, they helped create the scene. sadly they then (like so many other promising bands) descended into bland and emotionless sad-rock.

pity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭JaneyMc

It's rubbish, I really do not like the direction the Killers have gone at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 thetingtings

the killers rule go killers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

this song wouldnt get anywhere near being allowed on hot fuss so that answers it, its an average song at most , dong get me wrong, i like the killers but this is pish.

• Advertisement

LMAO - this is more entertaining than the original song !!!!

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=PShCy35N_n4&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭hada

song is bar none, one of the most boring singles i've ever heard.

throw in the fact that they are TERRIBLE live, they're not actually any good at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,783 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

the killers rule go killers

Probably just me..But this is the kinda post Xbox36016 would make...And this account was just created when Xbox36016 was banned...hmmmmmm:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 ronanoc

I quite liked Hot Fuss and loved Sam's Town. The only words I can find to describe this is utter gunk. Terrible. Really really poor. And what's up with the lyrics?
    "Are we human or are we dancer"?

****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

If a new band tried to release that song it wouldn't have got anywhere

The only reason we've heard it is because The killers are who they are

It is MUCK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

To be honest, I kind of like it. I really like Brandon Flower's voice, I think it's kind of epic in an understated way so I'm willing to forgive alot of the mistakes. I also don't think the lyrics are that tosh assuming that it's denser and not dancer. I definitely think it's more of a Sam's Town album song than a single but I loved most of the songs on Sam's Town and liked the ambition and I think they've carried it on. I'm also of the opinion that they are turning into a grower band so I think this song could certainly settle in for a while before becoming popular

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 MB81

Loved the killers first album hot fuss was excellent every song on it nearly, i like nothing they have done since then. Have not heard the new song yet but dont hold much hope for it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

America are entering the Eurovision now??

Bubs101 wrote: »
    To be honest, I kind of like it. I really like Brandon Flower's voice, I think it's kind of epic in an understated way so I'm willing to forgive alot of the mistakes. I also don't think the lyrics are that tosh assuming that it's denser and not dancer. I definitely think it's more of a Sam's Town album song than a single but I loved most of the songs on Sam's Town and liked the ambition and I think they've carried it on. I'm also of the opinion that they are turning into a grower band so I think this song could certainly settle in for a while before becoming popular

when you sing along, think to yourself "wtf am i singing" . ..... the killers used to rock...they dont anymore im afraid .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

More importantly, what is a thread about The Killers doing in an Indie/Alternative board? Begone, ye annoying human dancers!

Advertisement