Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd McCain-Obama Debate 7 October

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Pocono Joe

I wouldn’t miss it.

I filled out the security forms and I’m going to see McCain and Palin tomorrow afternoon. Only twenty minutes away from me. Anyone want a report when I get back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

BenjAii wrote: »
    My predictions. Obama will come out on top. I have a suspicion McCain will lose his termer at some point & I have a feeling he will get some negative reaction off the auience with regard to his recent dirty tricks.

I don't think he will. It's too important a debate for him to allow himself do that. I would guess it's what his strategists have been telling him to do.

If Obama can focus on issues, while McCain attacks Obama's character, I think it'll bode better for Obama. There's obviously a number of people concern about "Barack Hussein Obama"/he's a Muslim and all that malarky, but I think what most people are worried about is the economy. The last election was allowed to be a 'character' election (Iraq wasn't as bad as now, no financial crisis etc.) which the Republicans won because they are very good at that. The Americans I've spoken to have said they don't want to hear how Obama "palled around with terrorists", they want to know who can fix the economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mick Shrimpton

Pocono Joe wrote: »
    Anyone want a report when I get back?

A wink will do...

;)

May an ounce of reason return with you too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Pocono Joe

May an ounce of reason return with you too.

Thanks for your concern. I’ll try not to speak in tongues. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Looking forward to this. Should be interesting to see how much McCain really goes for it and attacks Obama. I think that could easily backfire.
    I have heard that the Obama think it could be a headf*ck and just concentrate on the economy which is what he should do imo if he wants to turn the polls around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

What channel will this be shown do anyone know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭BenjAii

Pyr0 I dont know if its available on the usual tv channels here, but u should be able to watch it from cbsnews.com

• Registered Users Posts: 83,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I posted in the other thread about this: hulu.com will be doing a live stream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭The Raven.

I filled out the security forms and I’m going to see McCain and Palin tomorrow afternoon. Only twenty minutes away from me. Anyone want a report when I get back?

Thanks, Joe. I would be very interested to hear your report.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

http://edition.cnn.com/live/

With graphical audience reaction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

I wouldn’t miss it.

you tell us how it tasted won't you.

eVeNtInE wrote: »
    not a notion. give it a lash: loads of preloaded video on there.

might be: heres the latest episode of heroes

http://www.hulu.com/watch/37995/heroes-i-am-become-death

tough break - watching a new episode of simpsons. Spoiler: couch sequence - Boba Fett encases the family in Carbonite; carts them off screen.

edit: season 20 episode 1 - takes great jabs at the irish. youd all love it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

"Security forms?"

Where, exactly, are you going?

Advertisements for tonight's debate are playing in the same manner as a Tyson/Lewis boxing match. Same voiceover, same music, same tone.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

HA! Seems like there's enough of us here, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

The other debates are available in full on YouTube - I assume the same will be true of this one. Not staying up to watch it, will catch it later.

please obama pick up mccain on his mistakes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

On the televison front - pretty sure it will be on Sky and BBC1.

Also it will be streamed live on the BBC - very decent quality.

Previous two debates were on this.

I expect Obama to mention the economy constantly as it's clear this has done major damage to McCain. I can see McCain getting pretty personal with the attacks as I reckon the GOP think this is there onl hope now.

Buzzword bingo - Main Street/Wall Street

Also the fact that Joe Six Pack can ask questions should add some spice to this

Its for events like this I wish cult would install an IRC or a shoutbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Wow, CNN is absolutely ridiculous - they have about 30 journalists around 2 tables in the studio.

where are the other presidential candidates :)

they really do they the sideroom table stremaing thing with lots of journos popping in and out on the networks now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Adopting a humourous approach to the debate
    Drinking game for the Biden-Palin debate on October 2nd 2008

Every time John McCain mentions his POW experience, praise his courage and drink a kamikaze. This one is only for the heavy drinkers.

Every time Obama says change everyone has to switch seats and drink the other person’s drink of choice.

Every time John McCain tries to associate Barack Obama with an unsavory character, take a sip of your dirty martini.

Every time someone says bailout you have to finish your drink and pour another.

Every time John McCain says “my friends“, spit out your drink and shout “I am not your friend” at the television.

Every time “evil”, “evil doers”, or anything with evil is mentioned, drink a sip of French red wine.

Every time John McCain threatens Iran, drink a savage car bomb or cherry bomb.

Every time Barack Obama ties John McCain to George W. Bush, drink a sloe gin fizz and wish for better days.

Every time John McCain displays how hopelessly out of touch he is, drink an old bastard.

Every time John McCain refers to the USSR or any other non-existent formerly communist country, get ready to ride the red tide.

When Georgia is mentioned, drink a fuzzy navel.

Every time John McCain mentions Sarah Palin, drink a white russian. After all, if Sarah Palin is around there must be a Russian nearby somewhere.

Every time John McCain smiles creepily, drink a roofie-colada.

If anyone mentions a golden parachute, pound some goldschlager.

Every time John McCain makes an appeal to states rights, lean back and take a sip of that sweet southern comfort.

When NATO membership is mentioned, clink glasses with everyone around you and attack anyone who refuses to clink.

If John McCain doesn’t show up, lock yourself inside and sip Jack Daniels all night. It is going to be a long six weeks.

Every time John McCain says anything, take a drink from the oldest, crappiest bottle you have—that skunked beer in the back of the fridge, the two-dollar wine someone gave you for your birthday five years ago, the dregs from that bottle of Popov vodka left over from a party you had in February—because you’ve heard it all before, and you didn’t much like it the first time.

Regardless of what either candidate says, at the end of the debate, drink something that must be lit on fire first, then hit yourself in the face with a shovel.

http://www.theseminal.com/2008/09/26/obama-mccain-presidential-debate-drinking-game/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Its also on RTE.ie Nothing happening yet just looking at people in a room!

http://www.rte.ie/live/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Does anyone know how long the debate is scheduled to last?

GObama!

Sorry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Stream is until 3.40 on RTE so im guessing around then

Advertisement