Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd McCain-Obama Debate 7 October

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

23 votes..Obama got Macain there !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

The Ref should stop this !

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,265 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Moderator gettin maaaaaaaad....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Nice zinger on the "keeping up with John" there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

have they really sorted out disposing of nuclear waste??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

How many more mentions is Joe Lieberman going to get? McCain really trying to push towards the centre and looking to try and attract any disillusioned Democrats.

Does McCain seem to be constantly wandering around in no particular direction? constantly changing the direction he's looking

Nice point by Obama about McCain going on about the Washington insiders when he has been there so long.

The 3%oil 25% use and the fact that drilling alone won't work was a nice shot.

Brokaw getting fairly testy about the time limits there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭AFC_1903

Obama is not slating McCain, though he often points out a different route to that McCain suggests.

McCain takes cheap shots.

AAAGH - "My Friends"
    FFS - "That One!"
    AAAAGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH "My Friends"

Twice in one breath!

I really hope enough Americans vote Obama to save the would from another Bush

wtf is mccain doing wandering around while obama is trying to answer the question? It makes him come off as senile, or at the very least trying to distract members of the audience from obama.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

have they really sorted out disposing of nuclear waste??
    No its just better than it used to be. They still bury it and hope it goes away

• Advertisement

mccain does want healthcare to be a commodity

put medical records online?!

for someone who barely knows how to use google maps he sure shows what little he knows about internet security.

What is MaCain talking about ? OBAMA WILL GET YOU NYOM NYOM NYOM !

Jaysus.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,965 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

cooperguy wrote: »
    No its just better than it used to be. They still bury it and hope it goes away

A stunning oversimplification (not to mention somewhat ill-informed oversimplification). That said, McCain's comments about safety and waste processing not being important (or something to that effect) were kind of odd.

I notice the Ohio men don't give a damn about insurance, the women are a bit more interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Overheal wrote: »

He's gonna put them on ebay!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

for someone who barely knows how to use google maps he sure shows what little he knows about internet security.

Palin tried to mail him about it but she couldn't access her account

McCain totally fudged the Healthcare question by claiming Responsibility - handed it right over to Obama.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I'd imagine Obama just connected with a lot of voters with his point about his mother fighting insurance companies.

• Advertisement

Obama is on a roll here I feel, taking the debate to a new level while MaCain is resorting to little jabs and assumtions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭BenjAii

Neither answered the question directly "should healthcare be a commodity"; though Obama came out stronger, especially with his second chance to reply.

Obamas not being smart with Tom Brokaw: he's been interrupted by him a lot. surprisingly, McCain has not been beraded.
    Neither answered the question directly "should healthcare be a commodity"; though Obama came out stronger, especially with his second chance to reply.

I think its an oversimplified question but I'll start a thread on it tomorrow.

rofl@McCain's lame attempt at a joke

nicely linking health insurance race to bottom with banking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,492 ✭✭✭MementoMori

Big hit there from Obama mentioning his mother dying of cancer and fighting the insurance companies on healthcare. Made the point very well.

McCain - "hair transplant" line and "size of fine" - EPIC FAIL

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Pyr0 wrote: »
    Obama is on a roll here I feel, taking the debate to a new level while MaCain is resorting to little jabs and assumtions.

And stupid one liners.

Obama looking very presidential especially by comparison with McCain.

Obamas not being smart with Tom Brokaw: he's been interrupted by him a lot. surprisingly, McCain has not been beraded.

I think its an oversimplified question but I'll start a thread on it tomorrow.
    I thought he got away with it ok - he was way over time but I think Tom's given up at this point - they're both as bad as each other.

wow. Obama set that one up great - "I dont understand..." :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Good attacking on judgement vs experience.

Advertisement