Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Smurfit on final Table EPT London

Options
  • 05-10-2008 7:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

Take it Down Alan. Wp:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

wow, good luck. fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

Michael Tureniec Sweden PokerStars qualifier 1,331,000
    Eric Liu USA 1,308,000
    Antony Lellouche France 1,022,000
    Michael Martin USA 718,000
    Philippe D'Auteuil Canada 476,000
    Johannes Strassmann Germany Shooting Star 434,000
    Alan Smurfit Ireland 396,000
    Marcin Horecki Poland Team PokerStars Pro 309,000

final table starts at 13:30

live link
    http://www.pokerstars.tv/pokerstars/channels/38502.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Smurfit doubles up to 621,000

• Registered Users Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Laaouche is a quality player isnt he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭mits2006

tightest player in history,has 2 start pushing

• Advertisement

He is literally waiting for Aces, Kings or Queens!

Scratch that, just aces and kings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭DEEP THROAT

mits2006 wrote: »
    tightest player in history,has 2 start pushing

and tbh it's not like he needs to move up one place because he's short of cash:eek:

Busto!!!!

smurfit gone in 6th place A4 VS JJ J high flop allin pre,allin for 3 bb

how did he ever win a braclet there is hope for us all

• Advertisement

He must have thought he had aces when he looked down at the A4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭corkie123

how did he ever win a braclet there is hope for us all

by been last player out thats how lol u dont have to be a gus hansen there are different ways to play u know not all people play like gus and even gus plays tight as well u know when it suits the table he playing .

well done alan u did the irish proud . nice finish 2 in a row now on ept touries fintan and now alan two different type of players same result final table :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 TigersBunker

corkie123 wrote: »
    by been last player out thats how lol u dont have to be a gus hansen there are different ways to play u know not all people play like gus and even gus plays tight as well u know when it suits the table he playing .

well done alan u did the irish proud . nice finish 2 in a row now on ept touries fintan and now alan two different type of players same result final table :D:D:D[/quote

by been...i love that:D:D

well done alan u did the irish proud . nice finish 2 in a row now on ept touries fintan and now alan two different type of players same result final table :D:D:D

yeah u r right there r different ways to play,if u were watchin u would hav seen him blind himself away to 3 bbs and stick it all in with A4 thats different all right.Hes irish fair enough,nice cash,but show some balls its not as if he cant afford to take a chance.Eric liu ran over the table,perfect man to come over the top of.if anyone watched the live feed they will tell u the same.its torture lookin at a guy blind himself away without a fight.

yeah u r right there r different ways to play,if u were watchin u would hav seen him blind himself away to 3 bbs and stick it all in with A4 thats different all right.Hes irish fair enough,nice cash,but show some balls its not as if he cant afford to take a chance.Eric liu ran over the table,perfect man to come over the top of.if anyone watched the live feed they will tell u the same.its torture lookin at a guy blind himself away without a fight.

i have been watching all day and eric liu ran over the table but hes gone now as well . but that his style of play and it has not done to bad for him so far wsop win and loads of cashs in wpt and ept events just look up his profile on hendon mob site and his stats is amasing u should look it up before u say any more and then come back and tell me how bad a player u think he is

i have been watching all day and eric liu ran over the table but hes gone now as well . but that his style of play and it has not done to bad for him so far wsop win and loads of cashs in wpt and ept events just look up his profile on hendon mob site and his stats is amasing u should look it up before u say any more and then come back and tell me how bad a player u think he is

so its ok to not play a hand and blind yourself down to 3bbs,fair enough ill have to rethink that whole playin poker thing sorry maybe ur right kid.

so its ok to not play a hand and blind yourself down to 3bbs,fair enough ill have to rethink that whole playin poker thing sorry maybe ur right kid.

seems like u did not look up his stats and its long time since anyone called me kid but its nice tu :D:D:D:D

its got nothing to do with stats he simply playin too tight i think that was obvious

its got nothing to do with stats he simply playin too tight i think that was obvious

and because he played tight u think hes a bad player .well hes done more than me or u m8 and i have played on two ept final tables . have u ?

i just think your thoughts on his play is wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭PokerPissTaker

and because he played tight u think hes a bad player .well hes done more than me or u m8 and i have played on two ept final tables . have u ?

What 2 EPT final table's might they be then? :confused:

• Advertisement

i am finished with this conversation,corkie i have no problem if your opinion differs from mine i just thought he played too tight i am not gettin into to a slaggin match,if u made 2 ept final tables fair play and good luck mate.This corkie must b some playa

What 2 EPT final table's might they be then? :confused:

2004 long time ago

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭PokerPissTaker

Yeah long time ago or not 2 EPT main event final tables nothing to be sniffed at and in the same season wow

ok,checked ur 2 final tables story out,its not lookin good.
    EPT 2004
    BARCELONA
    David O Callaghan 2nd 41k

LONDON
    George McKeever 8th 11k

DUBLIN
    Rory Liffey 2nd 46k
    Jamie Drummond 3rd 23k
    John Coughlan 8th 5k

O Well Sean

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

He probably just played a SNG on them after they were thrown out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭DEEP THROAT

EPT 2004
    BARCELONA

LONDON
    George McKeever 8th 11k

DUBLIN
    Rory Liffey 2nd 46k
    Jamie Drummond 3rd 23k
    John Coughlan 8th 5k

O Well Sean

I think you'll find his name is John on his passport and Sean to everyone else;)

The description during the commentary was "John Coughlan, The QUIET man of Irish Poker"...... and for those of us who know him we agree with that:eek::confused::eek:;):D:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

Alan Smurfit plays very tight but the guy knows the game so well any time I've seen him on tv. He takes a lot of time with his descisions and generally makes the correct ones. Its testament to his quality that he can make so many final tables in big events.
    Fair enough the guy is loaded and plays for a hobby, but he sure can play!

EPT 2004
    BARCELONA

LONDON
    George McKeever 8th 11k

DUBLIN
    Rory Liffey 2nd 46k
    Jamie Drummond 3rd 23k
    John Coughlan 8th 5k

O Well Sean

barcelona 2004 omaha final table

dublin 2004 holdem final table