Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOT or Not?

Options
  • 05-10-2008 9:34am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I'm single, young (just 21), party too much, date some, have had a relationship or two, but never long enough to know if they are worth it at this stage in my life. For those of you in a long term relationship, or married, is it worth it, or would you like being single again? And how's your love life? Is it HOT or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'm 24, have been with my OH since 17 and getting married in about 2 years. I wouldn't like to be single, not that I have anything against being single, but because I'd have to loose K to become that way.

From what I can see from our single friends, the only difference between single and non single life is that when you're not single you don't go out to pull. Socially, everything is pretty much the same.

One friend of mine was single until recently, she swears now she has a better time when out, whether her boyfriend is with her or not, because she doesn't feel the need to be chatted up, or flirt etc and can concentrate on just having a laugh.

As for the idea that your love life gets less....um.... enjoyable, I think it just gets better TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

much of a muchness really...25 here...and been single the last few months....Yes..more fun when you go out to flirt, etc...but on downside having been in relationships are the times when your not upto much, and not having someone there,close to you.....i dunno....being in the middle at the mo i cant make up my mind one way or the other....
    i will say after being in a relationship its easy to fall into single life again and can be hard to get out of it back to a relationship but...each to their own i guess!

blue lagoon(OP), are you male or female? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

24 and I've been single for about the last 3 years. Tbh I'm quite sick of it at this stage and just wish I could meet someone, but it's really not easy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,241 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

HBK wrote: »
    blue lagoon(OP), are you male or female? :rolleyes:
    **Blue runs to the mirror and looks, poses, runs back** Female!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭HBK

i guess the ladies lounge bit should of gave it away!hmm :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Yeah we are all girls in here. *giggles*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Jackz

What about that saucy minx in her sig?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Well first off I'd rather be single than be in a relationship that I wasn't happy in. BUT when I'm in a good relationship and happy it's a million times better than being single. For me the world is much more smiley when you're in love. Enjoy your single years though, have as much craic as possible, you're married for long enough! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

I'm married and my love life's hotter than ever. That said, I'm only a husband since August. THAT said, I'm with this woman for seven years. We've no kids, maybe it'll get tougher then to stay on top of things.

I can't even remember what it was like being single - who did I go out to dinner with?

p.s. After about two years on Boards, this is my 1,000th post. Three cheers for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Why didn't you just look down your pants?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Both circumstances have their pluses and minuses...

Being single means never having to consult anyone else about your plans, the loo seat is down permanently, everything is where you left it, and you only have your own worries to care about. Its nice to be entirely independant too. Not to mention full possession of the remote control, the entire bed to sprawl in, and the opportunity to spend hours on the phone talking about nothing in particular with your friends, without anyone rolling their eyes at you.

Being in a good relationship is wonderful for other reasons, someone to share the woes and wonders with, regular caring sex, the selfless aspect that develops when you have someone other than yourself to care about. Its hard to beat the everyday intimacy that being in love brings.

The worst of all worlds is being in an unloving, one-sided or just stale relationship. None of the benefits, all of the disadvantages.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,454 ✭✭✭✭cson

Singleness

Pluses:)
    - Ability to do what you want, when you want and only have yourself to think about.

- Getting to ahem know new people.

- You become better friends with your friends, if you get me

- Toilet seat left in permanent state of upness.

- Wallet feels a good deal heavier.

- The only woman who'll get into an argument with you is Mammy.

- Can drink copious amounts of Guinness now that any smells made are irrelevant.

Minuses:(
    - Having someone (other than aforementioned Mammy) looking forward to you coming home. And you to them.

- Not having anyone to cuddle up to you in bed.

- Bed and all bed related activities with OH.

- The look on their face when you spring them a surprise even if its something small like their fav tub of Ben & Jerrys.

- When your housemates are all loved up, but you aren't. Its sickening, you have to smile for them but its a forced smile. The kinda smile you make if you saw an ex who you still secretly fancied get married.

Hmmm, I'm sure I'll come up with more for both sides of singleness over the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

For those of you in a long term relationship, or married, is it worth it, or would you like being single again?

As said, both have their definite pluses and minuses. Overall though, I would much rather be in a relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

5yrs, some things I miss, others I don't.
    Guess the things I miss the most are the gentle affection and not feeling like I need to hold back as to my thoughts and who I am, letting someone really know me. There are worse times, when I miss it more, but I still feel this is the best choice.

Couldn't be bothered with the hooking up in clubs for a bit of fooling about/one-night-stand as while nice in the moment I don't miss the passion and lust side of a relationship nearly as much, and engaging in such would only serve to remind me of the affection and openess I am missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Love life? Hmmmmm...the fact that I've spent the last few nights reading boards.ie speaks volumes for my love life.

As for dates, I tasted one once, but prefer other fruits.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,883 ✭✭✭shellyboo

Love life? Hmmmmm...the fact that I've spent the last few nights reading boards.ie speaks volumes for my love life.

As for dates, I tasted one once, but prefer other fruits.:pac:

Nice pun. I love a good pun, me.

I'd rather be in a relationship than be single anyday! I gots a lotta love to give :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭pinkmonkey

25 male (looks down to check) and single here for anyone that's interested...

*helloooooooo ladies lounge* :P
    www.bebo.com/lil-alan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭G&T

Being married is great,

I got married at your age and don't regret it ever.

I got lucky,met my Mr.Right young,
    we're still nut's about each other,

Married 12 years and I wouldn't change a thing.

Advertisement